Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Fever for 2 weeks, tests are normal

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 27, 2009
  • 09:56 PM

I've had a fever for 2 weeks at an average of 101, but sometimes gets to 102. I am able to keep it down with Tylenol, but it goes back up as soon as it wears off. I've been on 3 different antibiotics in the past week, but they have not been effective. It was suspected as a viral infection by one doctor, with a possible bacteria infection as well (this was on day 8). I went to a more trustworthy doctor 2 days later and told him I thought it could be Lyme Disease. He ran blood work and a urine test which both came back normal. I am still waiting on the Lyme results, but have been getting antibiotics assuming that is what it is. After my fever got higher when on the second set of antibiotics (at least 48 hrs after starting them), the doc gave me another antibiotic. I started that yesterday morning and I am still getting fevers. What could this be? I don't have any other symptoms to go on other than the fever and associated chills, sweats, and body aches. I have been developing a cough in the last few days, but it is not that bad. I don't think it is the cause of all of this, but more likely a complication.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement