Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Rash-like break-out on forehead

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Elle24
  • June 13, 2009
  • 08:48 AM

I think I saw a post near similar to my concern, but I feel more comfortable starting my own thread with my own specific problem/question, so I hope no one minds.. :)

This all started about 18 months ago. I noticed a mild rash-like redness with tiny bumps appearing on my forehead. I thought perhaps it was my powder foundation, and maybe it had gone bad, but I had to continue using it until my next day off just to hide the rash, it was -horrible-. I tried all kinds of facial cleansers and moisturizers to combat this strange break-out, and it seemed to go away for awhile.. but not forever. Every couple weeks, I would break out in the same mystery rash of tiny bumps. I have always had clear, wonderful skin, and I thought perhaps I should stop using make up on my forehead all together, so I did for a long time. It persisted, every couple weeks, rearing it's ugly head.

Now for the past six months, it has basically plagued me daily. It is worse now, producing tiny, pore-sized pustules. I don't have oily skin and I have never had an acne problem. I find it so terribly hard to believe it's acne, because it can clear up completely overnight with some rosemary water and some clean&clear oil-free moisturizer, but then hours later wreak havoc on my skin without warning. When I scratch and itch on my forehead or use a gentle brush with some Dermalogica cleanser, it flares up in the most awful way. I have not sought out a dermatologist yet because I really don't have the money and I don't have any health insurance. My mother was diagnosed with Rosacea that has been a problem for her for several years now, but she has only recently been taking medication for it. Could this possibly be the culprit? Or is this something else? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if I go one daily without exfoliating my forehead and risking hours of flare-up, not only do I STILL get the flare up, but my skin seems to grow an extra layer and get flaky like an annoying facial dandruff.. (this problem also has started spreading to my temples, and this is also the reason I cannot just wash my face without some light scrubbing). I also like to mention that I have had a chronic dandruff problem nearly all of my life; is this related? (I'm now 24). Lastly, because of the frequency of this problem, I think my forehead is beginning to show signs of scarring.. not a happy camper.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement