Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Pain in the left side of head

Posted In: Medical Stories 3 Replies
  • Posted By: muzikmafiagrl
  • June 12, 2009
  • 02:47 AM

I have always had headaches but for about the last six weeks now I have been getting a sharp pain in the left side of my head. It's right above my ear and next to my eye. It is always in that area. Sometimes it happens two or three times a day. I notice it alot when I lay down on my left side.
I don't know if there is any connection but about a week and a half ago I had bad pain in my neck for about three days and I notice I had lumps on my neck on both sides. I have no pain now but the lumps are still there.
I haven't been able to sleep either.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Next time when you lay down on your left side use 2 or 3 pillows under the head so the head is elevated up. If you feel better with that, get your neck muscles adjusted for pinched nerves.Good Luck... PArjuna85210@yahoo.comGarla Arjuna.
    PArjuna 43 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. I just wanna share my experience.2003, I started to feel little pains in my head and sometimes, I can't hear well. I thought it was just nothing, until 2005 up to 2008, the pain became so intense. At first I thought that it was just a migraine, but I asked myself why I have terrible pressure inside my ear.I went to different doctors and spent a lot of money for ear check ups and head x-rays, but they all said that my ear is clean and healthy, but still, the terrible pressure inside my left ear hurts my head that also affects my eyes and sometimes nose. I'd been so *****d and worried why doctors kept telling me otherwise, while I was really feeling terrible pain inside my ear and my head. Sometimes I just pulled my hair and felt like bumping it on the wall cos of too much pain in my head and I felt like I want to scratch something inside my head that causes pain. Since 2007, aside from terrible head aches, I also felt dizziness that sometimes I wanted to vomit. July 2008, I kept on searching on the net about my symptoms and to get a very good EENT till I stumbled to one of good surgeons back in the Philippines. 2 days before we arrived to his office for check up, I almost cannot stand anymore due to too much dizziness. Then, when he checked my left ear using a computer, he cannot see the ear drum anymore. He said that my ear bones eroded already. Then he told me to have a temporal CT scan which I haven't done before, and then they saw some tumors inside my head that according to them, melting my skull also. Therefore, this tumor could kill me by melting my skull and thus, exposing my brain. It was benign tumor that needed to have an immediate action.The doctor did what they called tympanomastoidectomy. I don't understand, he said, I probably had repeated severe ear infection, but I can't remember any. He also mentioned the word Cholesteatoma.He cannot tell me though the real reason why my problem occurred. I didn't have repeated severe ear infection. And just after my surgery, I feel the same symptoms to my right ear. I told him that, and I even had CT scan, but then, my right ear shows clear and in good condition, but I feel otherwise. I feel it's getting worse everyday. And I am afraid that no one can see it until it's worse and needed surgery again. I suffer because of this and feel like losing hope. I hope that soon, a very good doctor can identify what's happening to me, now that I am already here in the US...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. I just wanna share my experience.He cannot tell me though the real reason why my problem occurred. I didn't have repeated severe ear infection. And just after my surgery, I feel the same symptoms to my right ear. I told him that, and I even had CT scan, but then, my right ear shows clear and in good condition, but I feel otherwise. I feel it's getting worse everyday. And I am afraid that no one can see it until it's worse and needed surgery again. I suffer because of this and feel like losing hope. I hope that soon, a very good doctor can identify what's happening to me, now that I am already here in the US...Hi islander, "Your body always speak you the truth". Why do you want a second surgery when the first one failed, in my opinion. If you feel the same symptoms again in your right ear why are you thinking of another surgery? "surgery in my opinion is nothing but man inflicted wounds." But there is a time and place for everything. God knows whether original problem gets solved by surgery but surgery brings in a sleuth of new problems because the anatomical body structure is disturbed and the nerves and blood vessels have to go around the surgey wounds (scar tissues). The reflexology of the body will never be the same. I pray the Heavenly Father to restore your health back to normal.Garla Arjuna.
    PArjuna 43 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement