Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Itchy blister-like bumps on legs

Posted In: Skin conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: jonathon213
  • June 8, 2009
  • 05:08 PM

I am experiencing a very strange breakout of lots of itchy bumps on my legs. This started a week ago. Some of the bumps look and itch just like mosquito bites, (but they aren't). Some are blister-like and have fluid in them. Some have broken open. They all itch...alot, and I seem to be getting more all the time. I have never had anything like this before and no real skin problems. I have had chicken pox and measles as a kid..long ago. Does this sound like an allergic reaction to something? Or something else? :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• How old are you? Sounds like shingles. Antivirals can ease the symptoms, but you have to let it run its course. See your doctor to rule out anything else.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Nothing about your post suggests shingles. What you describe can be caused by lots of things, the most common of which is a plain ol' folliculitis. Go see a doc and let them see it, and prescribe any needed meds.....
    Caladan 87 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had the same thing on my hands for years and my doctor gave me a foam medicine called Olux to put on it and it works great, takes the itching away and heals the blisters.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2011
    • 07:53 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement