Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Vaginal Discharge - itchy, chronic, 5 years!!!

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Over it!
  • June 8, 2009
  • 04:32 PM

Hi, I'm 28 years old
I've had vaginal discharge that has been a prob now for approx 5 years.
It's sometimes clear/milky and profuse and sometimes thick and white occasioanlly light yellow but always make me very itchy!!! No fishy odour, slightly acidic/vinegar smelling
It seems to gush out quite profusely when I exercise and my external genitalia is red raw and itches so bad that i sometimes take off skin... There seems to be no pattern on it's appearance in relation to my menstrual cycle... it's pretty much there all the time.
I occasionally (once every few months) have no symptoms for a couple of days and get very excited that it's gone.... but it always comes back...
I've had numerous swabs and smears and all come back as negative, no STDs, on a rare occasion there has been thrush but not all the time...
I've tried almost everything, douching with vinegar, bicarb, ph balancing gel, canesten, oral thrush treatment, antibiotics, douching with chinese herbs, going on a sugar free diet, going off the pill, abstaining from sex or using only condoms, only cotton underwear, no underwear, no soaps, wiping only front to back, always washing hands, hormonal creams etc
The only thing that has (slightly) helped is using chinese herbs orally which seems to reduce the amount but doesn't get rid of it completely.
I've been to dr after dr and no one seems to want to help and says that i just need to put up with it...
I've now read 22 pages of different threads on this site and none have given me any new advice :-(
One suggestion I've had is that it could be a skin irritation... but can a skin irritation case me to have vaginal discharge? Would it be possible to get a skin condition INSIDE my vagina? I've got psoriasis on one elbow one ankle and my scalp... can it appear inside my vagina? Please note that I had this problematic discharge before I started getting itchy outside my vagina.
Can any types of cancer or hormonal problems cause this type of discharge? Anything in regards to my uterus/ovaries/pituitary etc
Another weird thing is that my discharge irritates my boyfriends penis...
I also suffer from depression and anxiety and the discharge has not helped these issues!!! Especially in regards to my self esteem...
Are there any other tests that anyone can recommend??? pelvic ultrasound maybe?
Also, any other therapies? I've been recommended homeopathy...
Your urgent response is appreciated... I'm so over this!!!
Thanks so much...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement