Discussions By Condition: Shoulder conditions

Shoulder grinding/clicking/popping

Posted In: Shoulder conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: ChronicNate
  • June 6, 2009
  • 04:55 AM

I've gotten this for a while, but what's strange is it seems to go along with my nerve pain presumably coming from my neck.

Can nerve problems cause this? I assume they can't since it doesn't seem to be connected, but my left shoulder has hurt for a while and it progressed to nerve pain down to my hand, and now with my right shoulder beginning to hurt, it's cracking/popping when I rotate it.

I've been tested for arthritis and there is no sign of it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Read this post:http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=11853
    JonWesley 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey ChronicNate,I am wondering if your diagnosis attempts have gotten any further.Also, what did you mean by "nerve pain, presumably coming from my neck"?The reason I am asking is because I have similar symptoms: clicking/poping in my scapula/shoulder area when I rotate my shoulder/move my arm laterally, sometimes accompanied by discomfort/pain in the scapula area and down the arm but also, on occasion, I feel tingling/numbness down my ring and little fingers. The pain in my arm seems to be from nerv irritation. Also, what is weird is that when I rotate my shoulder while applying pressure to the problem area, the clicking/popping disappears. Arthritis was rulled out after an X-Ray. I was told that there was no explanation for the popping/clicking and that as long as it wasnt too painful, there was no reason to worry about it. The tingling and numbnes in the fingers, however, were of concern because they were an indication of some nerve issue.It was suggested I see a physical therapist, however, nothing close to diagnosis was given to me. I find it a little disturbing that an arthopedic would send a patient to a PT, while telling them: I don't see anything wrong with you.From readings what other people have shared, the Snaping Scapula Syndrom has the symptoms closest to to what I am experiencing, but I nowhere do they mention the nerve/finger numbness.Anyone out there with any other ideas/suggestions?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I've gotten this for a while, but what's strange is it seems to go along with my nerve pain presumably coming from my neck.Can nerve problems cause this? I assume they can't since it doesn't seem to be connected, but my left shoulder has hurt for a while and it progressed to nerve pain down to my hand, and now with my right shoulder beginning to hurt, it's cracking/popping when I rotate it.I've been tested for arthritis and there is no sign of it.I have the exact same symptoms. Is it any better for you? what has helped heal it? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2011
    • 03:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey ChronicNate,I am wondering if your diagnosis attempts have gotten any further.Also, what did you mean by "nerve pain, presumably coming from my neck"?The reason I am asking is because I have similar symptoms: clicking/poping in my scapula/shoulder area when I rotate my shoulder/move my arm laterally, sometimes accompanied by discomfort/pain in the scapula area and down the arm but also, on occasion, I feel tingling/numbness down my ring and little fingers. The pain in my arm seems to be from nerv irritation. Also, what is weird is that when I rotate my shoulder while applying pressure to the problem area, the clicking/popping disappears. Arthritis was rulled out after an X-Ray. I was told that there was no explanation for the popping/clicking and that as long as it wasnt too painful, there was no reason to worry about it. The tingling and numbnes in the fingers, however, were of concern because they were an indication of some nerve issue.It was suggested I see a physical therapist, however, nothing close to diagnosis was given to me. I find it a little disturbing that an arthopedic would send a patient to a PT, while telling them: I don't see anything wrong with you.From readings what other people have shared, the Snaping Scapula Syndrom has the symptoms closest to to what I am experiencing, but I nowhere do they mention the nerve/finger numbness.Anyone out there with any other ideas/suggestions?I have had similar problems also. Went to a chiropractor and found I had a problem with my 1st rib. got it adjusted problem went away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2011
    • 04:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am only 15 and have the same problems, I saw my orthopedic surgeon (supposedly top 10) and he is going to operate and take out a plate I have in my shoulder and claims the numbness is the plate pinching a nerve. But were not sure that's the problem because the plate and screws look Perfectly fine in the numerous x-rays i have had in these past years
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement