Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tingling in face and extremities

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 4, 2009
  • 03:57 AM

I'm a 21 year old female and my health insurance just expired when I graduated last month so I can't go to the doc.

I've had tingling off and on for years but never for more than a few minutes, mostly in my hands, and only when I was upset. Lately, and all day today, my face has been tingling in my cheek area and my lips, my fingers and wrists have been tingling, and my pinky toes have been tingling.

My eyelid has also been twitching about once a day.

What could this be? I had my B levels checked a few months ago and they were all normal. I'm otherwise healthy, exercise occasionally, healthy bmi.

Need help since I can't go to the doc! Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I'm a 21 year old female and my health insurance just expired when I graduated last month so I can't go to the doc.I've had tingling off and on for years but never for more than a few minutes, mostly in my hands, and only when I was upset. Lately, and all day today, my face has been tingling in my cheek area and my lips, my fingers and wrists have been tingling, and my pinky toes have been tingling.My eyelid has also been twitching about once a day.What could this be? I had my B levels checked a few months ago and they were all normal. I'm otherwise healthy, exercise occasionally, healthy bmi.Need help since I can't go to the doc! Thanks!posted this just now elsewhere as well:I'm in a similar boat, perfect tests, but still tingling all over intermittently over a year or more. This will actually make the tingling go away for a while in about 10 minutes...I have intermittent dry mouth conditions and intermittent tingling all over. I find that that a salt/sugar rehydration solution at 3-4 glasses a day will at least improve those symptoms. 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1/4 liter water (see wikipedia "rehydration solution" - home made for link). I find it works most effectively if absorbed through the mouth (ie hold it in the mouth for a while before swallowing) Don't overdo it or it causes headaches.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 17, 2009
    • 04:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm a 21 year old female and my health insurance just expired when I graduated last month so I can't go to the doc.I've had tingling off and on for years but never for more than a few minutes, mostly in my hands, and only when I was upset. Lately, and all day today, my face has been tingling in my cheek area and my lips, my fingers and wrists have been tingling, and my pinky toes have been tingling.My eyelid has also been twitching about once a day.What could this be? I had my B levels checked a few months ago and they were all normal. I'm otherwise healthy, exercise occasionally, healthy bmi.Need help since I can't go to the doc! Thanks!This has to be connected with the nervous system of you body. I have this feeling but not that often. I think in some cases it might be connected with the blood, because sometimes when I sit on my leg and stay that way for some time, then I have this feeling. It is like I have stopped blood from going to my leg.
    Clear-sky 76 Replies
    • December 18, 2009
    • 10:40 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement