Discussions By Condition: Vasuclar conditions

vein stripping

Posted In: Vasuclar conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: renzandjo
  • June 3, 2009
  • 11:45 PM

has anyone personally ever had this done and what was your recovery like? Alot of pain? Bruising? Able to walk in about how long? I know the specifics of the procedure but can't find anything about the recovery? I need to have it done but also can't miss work for more than a couple of days. thanks,appreciate it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• has anyone personally ever had this done and what was your recovery like? Alot of pain? Bruising? Able to walk in about how long? I know the specifics of the procedure but can't find anything about the recovery? I need to have it done but also can't miss work for more than a couple of days. thanks,appreciate it.Did you ever get any replies to your questions? I too am scheduled for this procedure and am concerned about the recovery. Did you have the procedure done yet? If so can you tell me about the recovery? How long were you off work, how was the pain after surgery, that type of thing. Thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2009
    • 06:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Did you ever get any replies to your questions? I too am scheduled for this procedure and am concerned about the recovery. Did you have the procedure done yet? If so can you tell me about the recovery? How long were you off work, how was the pain after surgery, that type of thing. Thanks No one responded. If you find out anything please let me know. I still need to have it done. Thanks.
    renzandjo 1 Replies
    • November 15, 2009
    • 02:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No one responded. If you find out anything please let me know. I still need to have it done. Thanks.Just had one leg done. Could walk very short distances the day of surgery. Pain when moving, no pain when resting with leg raised on a pillow. 11 days now, just had staples removed, walking is easier but you cannot stand still or sit for more than seconds without having to lift your leg up to alleviate the pain. Seems to be getting better every day but back is sore from laying for so long. Heating pad is helpful, mostly for back. Could be worse but sucks. This surgery allows your body to get plenty of rest because the only comfort comes while laying down with your leg raised. I never gave my body a rest before so there are benefits to having to have this done. Think positive and it is a snap.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement