Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cheek/Upper Jaw Pain Right After Eating?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: hardydk1
  • June 2, 2009
  • 05:13 AM

Sometimes right after eating I get an intense pain that feels like it is in my cheeks. It feel like it is coming from the jaw joint area, but my jaw doesn't hurt. Feels like a stinging sensation in my nerves. It persist for a little while, then slowly fades away. It occurs on both side of my face equally. There is no tooth pain or bone pain from what I can tell. I can open my mouth wide open, so I don't think it has anything to do with the joint, that is just the area of my face it is located. It doesn't happen with many food, I noticed it occurs when I eat fast food burgers. Any ideas what it could be? I have been searching everywhere and can't find anything that even mentions pain only directly after eating.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Sometimes right after eating I get an intense pain that feels like it is in my cheeks. It feel like it is coming from the jaw joint area, but my jaw doesn't hurt. Feels like a stinging sensation in my nerves. It persist for a little while, then slowly fades away. It occurs on both side of my face equally. There is no tooth pain or bone pain from what I can tell. I can open my mouth wide open, so I don't think it has anything to do with the joint, that is just the area of my face it is located. It doesn't happen with many food, I noticed it occurs when I eat fast food burgers. Any ideas what it could be? I have been searching everywhere and can't find anything that even mentions pain only directly after eating.I have exactly the same feeling. it's happening now and it's an intense stinging sensation and almost unbearable. Can anyone explain???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 10, 2011
    • 08:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have exactly the same feeling. it's happening now and it's an intense stinging sensation and almost unbearable. Can anyone explain???I have this also. Espescially after eating mcdonalds for some reason. For my it happens if I take a drink of something after eating. I happens once every month or so. What is this?? It is an intense stinging sensation at the very rear of my jaw bone, in my muscle. I think there are some glands or nodes in there or something...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Anybody figure this out yet? I've had the same exact thing since I was about 15 and like the above poster, it only happens with certain foods (fast-food cheeseburgers especially!!!). I wish I knew what it was so that I could avoid it or treat it somehow. I hurts like a ****h and is very annoying....
  • yes, the same happens with me... i don't know what is the reason, why is this happening,,, i feel the same while having sweets or something like sauces.... Please tell me if there's any solution for this.
  • I have exactly the same feeling. it's happening now and it's an intense stinging sensation and almost unbearable. Can anyone explain???Read about trigeminal neuralgia.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 18, 2011
    • 03:06 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement