Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Bright red blood and clot in stool

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: tundrawolf
  • May 30, 2009
  • 07:03 PM

*Graphic pictures enclosed*

First off, I have to say, that I am using a friends internet and am very poor, I cannot afford insurance nor can I afford to see a doctor, and am in the middle of getting state sponsored insurance, which may take up to a month.

OK, now to the problem:

I have just gotten done with a full 3 day fast (Religious). During the fast I drank large amounts of water as I usually do, and usually I vomit white foamy stuff that is highly acidic.

During this particular fast, I also excreted a bright yellow fluid that was HIGHLY acidic, which very painfully burned my butt so to speak.

When I ended the fast, I ate what I regularly ate, just in small quantities to avoid becoming sick, and truth be told, my memory is so bad, I really don't remember all that I ate.

I believe some peanut butter cereal, a banana, and something else I forget.

The first day everything was fine, as was the second day. The 3rd day after the fast, to my horror, I found that it looked as if someone had poured about a cup of bright red blood in my toilet bowl water with the feces, which was "normal".

There was clotting I noticed on the toilet seat, such as when you get a bloody nose, and put tissue in your nose, then withdraw the tissue, and there is clotting attached to it.

I have zero pain in my stomach or abdomen, and in fact I feel great.

Here's something of note: It has been going on two days, except that it is an on and off affair. I will defecate, there will be no blood, then I will defecate again (During the same 'sitting' so to speak) and there will be blood.

If I flush the blood, and have another movement, there will be no blood.

The blood is not attached to the stool, the stool is a green or brown color, it just seems as if someone has poured some blood into the toilet bowl. The clot confirms it is blood.

Also, a month ago I had a bad dual ear infection I went to the emergency room for and got some antibiotics for, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I am 29 years old, 6'1" 185 lbs healthy male.

Please see attached picture, not for the faint of heart.

The photo where it appears diluted I used the flash. The photo where it appears dark is where I used the natural light.

With flash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wolfmangk/uhoh/DSC02326.jpg

Without flash (Different bowel movement):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wolfmangk/uhoh/DSC02330.jpg

I was talking with a buddy who says he had/has the same thing, he said his was Diverticulitis.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• i had a really bad case of strep throat and when i was really dehydrated and on the antibiotics i had some rectal bleeding as well, the doctor told me it was from the diarrhea i had.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 3, 2009
    • 04:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i had a really bad case of strep throat and when i was really dehydrated and on the antibiotics i had some rectal bleeding as well, the doctor told me it was from the diarrhea i had. i can go to the bathroom i am not constipated but when i wipe it bright red i have to use pad i ve had this problems for years i dont have medical assisstance so it is totally ignored i have had a stroke and heart attack with two stents in place not on a lot of meds either
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2010
    • 04:29 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement