Discussions By Condition: Tongue conditions

Hi! my tongue wont stop tingling!!

Posted In: Tongue conditions 14 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 13, 2006
  • 02:58 AM

my tongue started tingling at the beginning of this year and it lasted for a couple of weeks. i thougth it was odd and that it would never happen again...well, i was wrong...:( :confused: it happened again!! its here again!! i have no idea why or what is the cause of this THROBBING tingliness...its almost unbearable...if anyone else is having this problem, talk to me!! did you get a diagnosis? i dont want to go to the doctor and have them not know what it is....i just want it to go away.
i thought maybe it was the allergy med nasonex...or the indian food i had this weekend...or from the virus in my mouth...
let me know!
thanks,
E77

Reply Flag this Discussion

14 Replies:

• My tongue has been doing the same thing, for over 5 years! My whole entire mouth also burns now. Rich spicy foods (that I have enjoed for ever) are not an option now. I can't even eat doritos because they have too much spices and my just kills me.I have been told that this because I have diabetes, but I think something else is going on and I am really worried about it.I wish you luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Most likely it is allergies.Try naet.com - It is the only thing that works permanently on allergies.Take Care.
  • Hello...i also have been having the same sensation...its a throbbing tingle and it comes and goes off and on for long periods of time, i have lots of food allergies so it is possible that it could be this. BUT i would think that it would make my lips swell up like all my other allergies....please post any answer to this!!!
  • hi, the right side of my tongue has cuts in it and is swollen whenever i drink or eat or even smoke i get this burning tingling feeling and the only way to make it go away is sticking my tongue out and massaging it with my teeth, tried finding the cause but no luck, waiting to see if it persists and if so going to see my doctor.Bill
  • My tongue is also tingling and I've been trying to figure out what might cause it. What kind of allergies would cause this? What kind of treatments might there be? It's a yucky feeling and does worry me because I don't think it's normal. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2007
    • 05:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • to answer all of your questions its dehydration i had it happen to me along time ago and yes it hurs like ***l only drink water it will go away and watch the spicy food until it goes away
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2007
    • 00:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • to answer all of your questions its dehydration i had it happen to me along time ago and yes it hurs like ***l only drink water it will go away and watch the spicy food until it goes awayHiI always drink water.but my tonque seems kindof numb and tingly.No cuts or soars.I'm just trying to see if its a bacteria and using mouthash at least 2 times a day.I have a doctors appointment anyway soon so I'll see what he thinks.Also they have tonque scrappers you can try and use at drug stores.We will see have a great night!!! and good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 11, 2010
    • 05:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • HiI always drink water.but my tonque seems kindof numb and tingly.No cuts or soars.I'm just trying to see if its a bacteria and using mouthash at least 2 times a day.I have a doctors appointment anyway soon so I'll see what he thinks.Also they have tonque scrappers you can try and use at drug stores.We will see have a great night!!! and good luckIs your tongue tingling or jagging, like little electric shocks? My Doctor advised me I had tongue neuropathy, although he'd never heard of it, that was the diagnosis. He put me on neurontin. The painful shocks continued, so I was sent to an oral surgeon, paid cash, no dental insurance, he immediately opened a book on his desk and declared I had Trigeminal Neuralgia. My Dr. didn't believe it and sent me to a neuralogist. He confirmed and I was placed on Trileptal. It takes weeks of the meds. to find relief and constantly raising doseages to continue relief. I opted for a Gamma Knife Radiation procedure which stopped the shocking like jags I was experiencing. Keep fighting!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2010
    • 07:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Mine has been tingling for about 2 weeks, and its driving me crazy. Its 24/7 I have an annual phyisical this afternoon, and thats the first topic for the dr.
  • Mine has been tingling for about 2 weeks, and its driving me crazy. Its 24/7 I have an annual phyisical this afternoon, and thats the first topic for the dr.Strange!My tongue actually tingle right side center.It started when I was rubbing the back of my neck at the base of my skull.I was afraid I had a brain tumor or something, because the sensation was directly related to the amount of pressure I applied.When I stopped rubbing my neck, the sensation stopped a few minutes later.
  • I have something like that, feels like the feeling you have after holding a 9volt battery to your tongue, the prickly feeling afterwards. I assume its caused by electricity generated by amalgam fillings, called Oral Galvinism. It started to occur after drinking something warm, warmth stimulates electricity. After I had a new amalgam filling placed it became stronger. Now I have it all the time, I'm thinking about having these fillings removed. I'm not sure it's the same thing you are talking about, but if it is, maybe it helps you. I also thought it was an allergy untill I read about this, now I'm pretty sure it's not, unfortunately doctors don't seem to know about this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 4, 2010
    • 09:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• It's been awhile now since anyone has posted anything in this thread. I was wondering.. did the tingling go away for you guys? I hope so.Just yesterday I started getting a tingly feeling on the back of my tongue. It is now the afternoon of the next day and it is still tingling. I've been doing research and the most disturbing cause of a tingly tongue could be MS. It says symptoms of MS can arise from hot weather.. and it is very hot here. So it makes me worry even more. I also don't have the insurance or any money to see a doctor. So needless to say, this is worrying me. I was also wondering if it could be from the opinions I ate yesterday. I've kinda been thinking I could be allergic to them. But I don't know. I just want this tingling to stop =\
  • Have your B12 levels checked. Mine started as tingling of my tongue and progessed to irreversible foot and hand neuropathy.
    Chris1234 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • Mine has done the same and I finally figured it out. Iron deficiency. Mine got so bad it felt burnt every day. When you look up the deficiency of iron, it's burning tongue, fatigue etc... I have been taking an iron supplement now and it is beginning to subside. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 2, 2014
    • 00:33 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement