Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Strange Deja Vu, followed by nausea, dizziness and confusion

Posted In: Nerve conditions 15 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 27, 2009
  • 09:18 PM

23 yr old male
For years, ever since I was younger, I would periodically incur episodes where I would have an intense feeling of Deja Vu, usually triggered by something I hear someone say or something I read. And most often I feel like I heard these words spoken in my dreams I have had in the past, but I couldn't remember because you dream in short term memory. But all of a sudden these "memories" of the dream resurface and I get nausea, dizziness and confused. And then as soon as the episode is over (about 30 seconds), I forget all about the dream again and I can't remember any of it....
Now this doesn't happen to me often. At most it happens like twice per year, lasting usually 1 to 3 days. During the days that I am having these episodes it seems to happen roughly 5 - 10 times during the day.

(I'm currently on day 2 of this happening to me)
I don't have seizures, I don't do any drugs. I've been pretty tired the last couple of days, but I have been sleeping alright. No other known medical issues.

Any ideas? I think it might be a supernatural psychic ability that I just can't harness (joking)

Reply Flag this Discussion

15 Replies:

• I have exactly the same problem... Looking forward to get some help
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 13, 2014
    • 00:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • the very same thing is happening to me and has for a little over a year now. it lasts for a couple days and occurs every few months. i can describe it really well and detailed but cannot in five hundred words or less.. stupid. anyway im on day three right now and its happened to me twice already this a m. kind of like a panic attack i suppose. i would love to talk to someone else who is going through this and compare notes.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 17, 2014
    • 02:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 25yr old male. I've had this problem for 12yrs and when I explain it to people they think I'm nuts! I still to this day haven't been able to find an answer why it happens. Mine happens about once every 4 months and lasts 1-3 days (normally 2). I've been to the doctor and they thought it was an ulcer but after running tests they found nothing... I've done a lot of research and have found no condition that matches all those symptoms.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 18, 2014
    • 07:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been having this exact experience in stints since I was about 16 years old. I'm now 38. It may happen once or twice a year with experiences lasting about 30 seconds and may repeat about 10 times unexpectedly before going away for ages. I get sweats and nausea and almost black out. It's very scary. I only stumbled on this thread now as it's just happened again.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 19, 2014
    • 02:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG I have the same thing!! I get so nauseous, and its like there is anoher world playing in my dream. I also forget everything again after I've had the "deja vu".
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 20, 2014
    • 07:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had this as well and it freaks me out. This is the first time I've read something that sounds exactly like what I experience. I don't have it over multiple days though. It only happens once and then won't happen for another 6 months. Its comforting to know I'm not the only was as I always feel crazy when I try to explain it to someone.
    StoneCoop 1 Replies
    • October 21, 2014
    • 00:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This happens to me as well, usually when I'm driving or in the shower and I am not well rested. It feels like I am remembering a dream and it's always the same memory. Once, it happened while I was sitting at my desk at work and I tried writing things down while it was happening but my notes didn't end up making any sense. They feel like panic attacks because my body tingles and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Almost like I have to focus so that I can finally snap out of it. Really odd.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 22, 2014
    • 08:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have it as well and I'm 52. Temporal lobe epilepsy is what I've read it is.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 23, 2014
    • 09:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • One guess is: you MAY (not definitive) have a temporal lobe disorder such a epilepsy. Best to see a neurologist soon, especially those whom also experience the physical signs such as nausea and passing out.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 25, 2014
    • 10:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had this for so long and just recentlty got it check out by two differenr doctors one of them told me it was a form of migrains and the other said it was a type of panic attack, i hope this helps some of you!
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 27, 2014
    • 05:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had this for so long and just recentlty got it check out by two differenr doctors one of them told me it was a form of migrains and the other said it was a type of panic attack, i hope this helps some of you!
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 27, 2014
    • 04:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• One of the physicians I worked with for several years shared with me, "As much as medicine knows about the body and mind, there is much more we don't know. A sign of a good doctor is one who knows his limits and doesn't guess, he knows when to refer out or simply say, I don't know."
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 29, 2014
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You should get a genetic testing done for Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia.

I exhibited the exact same symptoms, I was always told that I had frontal lobe seizures but no medicine I took worked. A sudden death in my family lead me to get this test done and my test came back positive. In severe cases CPTV can result in sudden death, so I highly suggest getting tested just to be sure.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 4, 2014
    • 06:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm so happy to finally find something about what going on with me I sound craz when I try to explain this episode 2 people or drs. Only difference is when I'm going thru that "memory" I get ext bad chest pain it takes my breath away hurts SO bad then it just goes away with the memory. Does anyone know what this is?
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 11, 2014
    • 01:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had similar symptoms. It started when I would get light headed when getting up to fast. They did heart tests and all looked good. I noticed when I exercised I would feel nauseous, I noticed I was getting motion sick easier and more often. One night it got really bad, and didn't go away, so went into the E.R.. They did a cat scan, said it looked good. Kept asking me if the room was spinning, no it was not. Went for ENG they think one side isn't working its vertigo, maybe meniere's Disease
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 11, 2014
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement