Discussions By Condition: Diabetes

Hypoglycemia, but want to gain weight & poor appetite

Posted In: Diabetes 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 25, 2009
  • 08:44 PM

Hello,

I am 173 cm (=68,11 inch= 5,67 feet) with 130 pounds (59 kg), age 30

I went to doctor about my Chronic complains..

-poor appetite
-underweight/hard gainer/early saturation/not eat a lot
-gastrit, bad stomach pains sometimes
-feel bad generally
-cold hands & foots (but not a lot transpiration) , feel cold easily
-feel weak,
-frequent urination

After saying my complains my doc said me that I am very probably hypoglisemic. I will do some tests..But what I do not understand, can it be a wrong diagnosis..

Because, I have very poor appetite, even I can not finish my meal..

If I am really hypoglisemic, how can I stimule my appetite and gain weight with theese dietary foods?
In first place my problem is low appetite :(

(throid is on borderline, b12 is between de limits)

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I was never officially diagnosed, but since my husband's mother has hypoglycemia, he noticed the symptoms right away.When I first started changing my diet, I was not hungry either (in fact, I'm hardly ever hungry even now). However, you have to eat. You need to eat. And the only way is to set yourself to scheduled eating times, whether you are hungry or not. Changing from 3 large meals to 6 small meals can really help with this.When I had a job that allowed it, I ate at 10AM, 12PM, 3PM, 5PM, 8PM, and 10PM (or a small snack before I went to bed). The thing about hypoglycemia is that food pretty much constantly has to be in the body because the body breaks down the sugars too quickly.If you are having stomaches and bowel problems, you need to start keeping a food and activity diary. Unfortunately, whereas people with diabetes have an available list of firm "don't eat this", every hypoglycemic is different. But the first place to start is to cut out various sugars; this -includes sugar substitutes-. The food diary will help you determine which foods are causing your problems. For example, my body cannot tolerate sucrose or artificial sugars, but I can eat fruits (fructose) all day without having any problems. You'll also want to watch your carbs (white breads and pastas). Especially look out for "enriched" bread products.If you start following this advice, you should see a drop in almost all of the symptoms you listed.For more information on hypoglycemia, you can visit this site: http://www.hypoglycemia.org/There's even hypoglycemic cookbooks out that can help you out!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement