Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Ear Pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: juliebell221
  • May 25, 2009
  • 05:48 PM

I am 23 years old & for the last 1.5 years I have been having an awful ear pain. It comes & goes, and when it is present it lasts anywhere from seconds to minutes. I have had ear infections in the past & even been checked for ear infections because of this pain- and that is not what this is. It is not an inner ear pain, but a pain on the tragis, and anti tragis part of my ear. It is only on one ear & does not radiate to any other areas. Sometimes when I have this pain I can move the part of my ear that is hurting & almost "crack" it if you will. Occasionally this will help, although it hurts terribly to touch it at all, especially with any pressure. I have found that it makes me dizzy at times, but not every time, & it is definitely intense enough that it stops me in my tracks. Any ideas on what this cold be? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I hear you saying that you have been checked for infections and that is not what this is, but....Google the term otitis externa. It might be what you have, as the most prominent feature of this infection is pain on the tragus or antitragus. This can be chronic, coming and going. Best of luck, I wish you well!
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement