Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sudden onset of limp wrist, unable to move wrist

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 24, 2009
  • 09:28 PM

Twenty-two year old male, woke up with his wrist flexed down, un able to move his wrist. He also had numbness, tingling in left arm, hand and fingers. He could not touch his fore finger and thumb in the position of the "OK" sign. He could not give a "thumbs up" sign. He has reduced grip strength in the left hand. He denies any accident or trauma prior to the finding of the wrist. He has had a slight tremor in his hands since high school.

He had an MRI two days later, and it did not reveal anything unusual.

The doctor started him on an anti imflammatory drug and ordered physical therapy. He has two physical therapy treatments with the use of a tens unit. He has some movement back. He can flex his wrist level with his arm, but he cannot hold it there. He still can not flex the wrist in the cocked up position.

The doctor sems to think he might have damaged the axilla nerve bundle in his left armpit because he slees with his left arm up under his head.

I am concerned because of the sudden onset, it has not resolved itself and because he graduated from college two weeks ago, he is no longer covered by parents' insurance as of June 1.

any suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement