Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

burning Pain in ribs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Madhuchandra
  • December 12, 2006
  • 05:29 AM

Around October I had a pain in left hips and left lower back when I was dressing up in the morning. after 10 day pain aggrevated to middle back We did go for blood test and urine test which was normal and I had X-ray, MRI taken. . which said I had slip disc in the lower back. I took rest for 2 weeks and Doctor said slip disc is cured, but still I had pain in entrire back (Doctor said I had muscle stifness).

I was taking medicines prescribed by Doctor, but could't not continue as burning sensation started all over the body.

As per doctor advice (after the rest for slip disc) I started doing yoga for last 4 weeks.

Now When I sleep in the night in one side (say left) my lower rib left pains (burning) a lot, and if I sleep right my lower rib right pains a lot in the morning. If I sleep on my stomach my lower rib front side it pains a lot(The pain will in the place where more pressure during sleeping).

What is the reason for this pains.

I would like to know if should go for any other test and what is the problem I have got (Is it really stiff muscle pain or something else)

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I can only tell you, slipped disc doesnt correct itself in any time soon. I doubt if it went away. You probably have early degenerative discs , depending on your age. I am 57 and started having pain after wearing shoe inserts for heel pain. I had hip pain and lower back pain starting 5-2005, Silly me thought it would get better. I have bulging discs. disc do not heal. It may get better and stop pressing on nerves but it doesnt go away. My doctor acted like they was nothing, but I have been in pain since then . It only gets worse. I have tired PT several times. The burning of ribs, could be several things. I had rib pain really bad in AugustI went to doctor, they said probably rib out of place , they pushed them around and gave me ulcer blood test. I finally got scared when My stomach pains started and went to ER.I had ulcer in intestines and that caused inflamation in ribs and sterum causing pain. Xrays dont show ulcers. and ribs look normal when they hurt.I am now on medicine for ulcers and it went away. If you are not getting help from your doctor, so to ER and say you are having pain, they will find the answer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2006
    • 01:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Does it hurt when you press on your lower ribs? Maybe try to get x-rays of that area, and possibly a bone density test. If you have low bone density, something (medication?) might have triggered the pain there. I have low bone density, and I especially felt pain in my lower ribs. Make sure your blood tests (minerals) are normal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2006
    • 04:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • thanks a lot for the reply. For slip disc I did take rest for 2 weeks which is alright now. My lower back is normal without pain, but my lower rib still pains, as suggested by one of the member I am going for blood test(for mineral Check). Now my problem in if I sleep on one side, that side pains a lot (say I will sleep on my back) my upper and middle portion of the back pains a lot, If I sleep right side my right side of the body pains and same with left side). What is this problem, Is this a muscle stiffness or should I have to go for any other tests. My age is 35 years.
    Madhuchandra 1 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 03:52 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement