Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

abscess?

Posted In: Mouth conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: breakfastsurreal
  • December 12, 2006
  • 03:29 AM

i think i have an abscess. I felt a bump in my mouth last night and touched it with a finger, and it POPPED! It was a blister with puss in it :( so I took a picture of the inside of my mouth and saw that my 2nd to last back molar is cracked. The only weird thing is I have no pain...so does that rule out abscess? Maybe it is nothing? The tooth crack worries me regardless so I am going to go to the dentist and have it looked at.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/breakfastsurreal/Photo293.jpg

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• An abscess is caused from bacteria invaiding the soft tissue inside the tooth when it is exposed to the outside environment. If your tooth has a crack in it and there was a bump on your gum this is an abscess. The fact that there is no pain is because the infection, or the dead white blood cells from the infection have been able to drain from the crack. The infection now has spread to the gum area around your tooth. If left untreated the infection can spread to the bottom of the root of the tooth and also infect the bone holding the tooth in place. I read all about this when I looked into google under tooth abscess and you can too. Go the the dentist and take care of your teeth.:rolleyes:
    Qaisqwe Broome 1 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 08:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • :mad: Danger, Danger! This is most serious, i've been through it & it must be dealt with immediately!! I don't know what time it is there, but anytime that there is an infection close to the brain, it must be taken care of. An oral surgeon told me to have the tooth removed pronto in order to "stop" the spread of infection. Please do not delay, by asking others for advice, just get her done. Good Luck! As Always In His Service.:eek:
    hogndog 426 Replies
    • January 16, 2007
    • 04:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i had an abcess just before my wisdom teeth came though... it popped and all this puss came out
    hannah06 9 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 00:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_20.gif i think i have an abscess. I felt a bump in my mouth last night and touched it with a finger, and it POPPED! It was a blister with puss in it :( so I took a picture of the inside of my mouth and saw that my 2nd to last back molar is cracked. The only weird thing is I have no pain...so does that rule out abscess? Maybe it is nothing? The tooth crack worries me regardless so I am going to go to the dentist and have it looked at.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/breakfastsurreal/Photo293.jpgthat is a very nice picture hope you have had that tooth extracted.
    hogndog 426 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 01:35 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement