Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tired of crying, being in pain & being dismissed by doctors

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 22, 2009
  • 07:30 PM

The title pretty much sums me up. I've been to 1 neurosurgeon, 1 neurologist and what seems like a dozen doctors in between. I do have an arachnoid cyst (ping pong ball size) on my right parietoccipital lobe, whether or not it's contributing to problems is debatable. What I do know is that I deal with headaches that take my breath away (I do have prior experience with migraines, which these are NOT) but can't get the doctors to listen to me when I tell this. I've been on 3 (or 4) different migraine medicines, none of which do anything , but the doctors continue to brush it off with "you just have migraines, end of story". I was dx'd with depression about 4 yrs ago, which is another thing they just tag as having migraines. On top of that I am in consistent pain. My joints hurt (knees, hands, right hip), my back hurts every day...some days are worse than others. The last couple days have been particularly painful. I fall a lot. And hard. I do not have vertigo, the room never spins. the best way I can explain it to my hubby is it's like when you slam the breaks on in the car and stop really abruptly. I'll be in mid stride and then BAM! I never remember falling, just hitting the ground. In the last year I have fallen twice just crossing my living room and messed up my back pretty significantly. In February I fell and broke my ankle while walking across a parking lot. And last Friday I fell just walking in the door of Walmart with my husband. This last time I actually fell forward (I usually seem to fall backwards) and fell on my knee. I have swelling on my left knee and along my spine. Doc says that my muscles are leaking lactic acid and has me on anti inflammatory and muscle relaxer. I'm 32 and sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. If anyone has any insight, I'm happy to hear anything :)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement