Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Skin on Face Dry, Tight, Flaky.

Posted In: Skin conditions 8 Replies
  • Posted By: sjake1818
  • May 21, 2009
  • 00:08 PM

For the past week or so I've noticed a problem with the skin on my face. It seems to be really tight, it seems dry. Areas around my eyes slightly burn. I haven't been out in the sun so its not a sunburn. The skin seems flakey. When I put lotion on it, it burns. Anybody have any ideas about what this is, and what I can do to help it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• For the past week or so I've noticed a problem with the skin on my face. It seems to be really tight, it seems dry. Areas around my eyes slightly burn. I haven't been out in the sun so its not a sunburn. The skin seems flakey. When I put lotion on it, it burns. Anybody have any ideas about what this is, and what I can do to help it. Have you been applying any creams? I got a reaction myself because I was using a cream that had a steroid in it. I went out into the sun, it reacted with the cream and my skin went burnt sort of like what you're describing.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2010
    • 11:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • For the past week or so I've noticed a problem with the skin on my face. It seems to be really tight, it seems dry. Areas around my eyes slightly burn. I haven't been out in the sun so its not a sunburn. The skin seems flakey. When I put lotion on it, it burns. Anybody have any ideas about what this is, and what I can do to help it. Some antibiotics also cause a reaction with even a small amount of sunlight.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2010
    • 02:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Anybody have any ideas about what this is, and what I can do to help it. Sure. External contactants can do this, seborrheic dermatitis can do this, exposure to elements can do this, persistent rubbing or scratching can do this, along with other things that I'm not immediately thinking of at the moment. In most cases, a mild steroid cream for a short period of time can help greatly. Of course, anything you put on irritated skin will burn, at least until things improve a bit. If that doesn't work, go see a doctor. What's with the underlining?:confused:
    Caladan 87 Replies
    • February 26, 2010
    • 03:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If your skin is dry, flaky and itching or burning then you are allergic to your face creams or even soap...go natural..im sure that you'll have no problem on that... FOR EYES:* cold teabag = gently apply around the eyes (careful that it wont get into the eyes) then leave on for a 10mins then rinse off with lukewarm water..The "tannin" in the tea is a great exfoliant to skin...works great..2. Milk + honey = use cold milk, do the same procedure as the teabag...works well too..3. lotsa water and sleep... FOR MOISTURIZERS:* use olive oil..you can use it from head to toe...apply lavishly and leave it on...Im sure that you'll have smooth soft skin in no time. Hope this helps...also check out Lifecell and BASQNYC Cucumber Tea Eye Gel...that's what i use... :D
    dale91 143 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, I think you should use some fairness creams and try to take as much fruits, juice and green vegetables. I hope this will help you to over come this misery.All the best!
    desmoz 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • For skin so smooth, you can try this regimen:1. Pick a couple handfuls of fresh rose petals free from insects or other impurities. Pick first thing in the morning while they are still soft with dew.2 Crush the rose petals gently to help release their natural oils and scent.3. Place rose petals in a large jar.4. Pour oil over the rose petals just to cover.5. Cover the jar with a lid or a piece of muslin cloth and let sit for 24 hours.6. Remove the rose petals from the oil after 24 hours and squeeze the petals to remove excess oil back into jar. Discard petals.7. Strain the oil in the jar to remove any leftover petals and impurities.8. Add freshly crushed rose petals to the jar of oil. Let sit for another 24 hours.9. Repeat Steps 1 through 8 about six to seven times until you achieve the rose scent you desire.10. After final straining, pour rose scented oil into a decorative jar or container and your oil is ready to use.Im sure you'll never have problems with scars or wrinkle products anymore... ^_^and as for eye care, you can do this:* Apply vitamin E or olive oil. * Tie some potato grates in a cloth and place over eyes for about 15-20 minutes. * Place chilled cucumber slices or damp tea bags over eyes for about 20 minutes. * Practice the exercise for eye puffiness daily. * Apply a 1:1 mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice for 105 minutes. * Apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for about 15 minutes. Hope this helps :D
  • Ugh I have the same problem! Anyone know anything that will help over night?! I have school tomorrow! :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ugh I have the same problem! Anyone know anything that will help over night?! I have school tomorrow! :( if you want the fastest way to mositurize yourself, do try using Extra virgin olive oil...massage on your skin lavishly and let it be absorb...No need to rise...do it 2x a day then in just a weeks, you'll see great results. :D HTH
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement