Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Stomach Pain + Swollen Face

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Vendicta
  • May 20, 2009
  • 01:36 AM

Hi i have recently been to the doctor because i have been getting a bad pain in my stomach after eating meals but am fine after it is exited out of my stomach, the other symptom i noticed was i had a slightly swollen face and legs just slightly when i woke up in the morning. "The doctor suggested that i had indigestion but these doctors here do not do tests cause they told my son he just had gas and sent us home after a few days we found out from blood tests that he had a viral infection" "Same thing happened to my cousin here they told him he had indigestion and he went untreated for 2 months until they confirmed that when his skin started to turn yellow they found out he had ulcers"

If you have and related topics or answers about this, please help. Its not just the pain that grabs my attention its the swollen parts on my body (face, head, legs and hands.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hi i have recently been to the doctor because i have been getting a bad pain in my stomach after eating meals but am fine after it is exited out of my stomach, the other symptom i noticed was i had a slightly swollen face and legs just slightly when i woke up in the morning. "The doctor suggested that i had indigestion but these doctors here do not do tests cause they told my son he just had gas and sent us home after a few days we found out from blood tests that he had a viral infection" "Same thing happened to my cousin here they told him he had indigestion and he went untreated for 2 months until they confirmed that when his skin started to turn yellow they found out he had ulcers"If you have and related topics or answers about this, please help. Its not just the pain that grabs my attention its the swollen parts on my body (face, head, legs and hands.This is Vendicta again a year later, i found out that i was losing alot of protein in my urine caused from MCD (Kidney Disease - Minimum Change Disease) Which caused the swelling in my face, head, legs and stomach pain. I was going through this untreated for a month before i was admitted to the hospital and put on Prednazone (steroid) * and became back to normal within months of taking the medication. To future victims please be persistent and see many doctors not just one because in my case it was almost fatal and your life could be on the line.EDIT NOTE: Also to future doctors who read this, Please let it be known that i went from a no protein diet to taken a supplement that had 50 Grams of PROTEIN in the drink and was drinking it 2-4 times a week a month before my symptoms started. (No Protein Diet > Mass Amounts of Protein Diet) = Maybe what caused it. "I had no previous issues or problems like this until i had the Protein Drinks)
    Vendicta 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement