Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

How do I get chlamydia and my partner was not infected with it?

Posted In: Sexual conditions 117 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 7, 2006
  • 10:46 PM

I have been tested positive for chlamydia when I was pregnant with my first child and treated for it. I've had been clear of it for years until I was pregnant with my 3rd child whom has a different father from my first and second child. During the time that I've known and been sexually active with my third child's father I had no sexual relations with anyone else, this was within 5 months. He believes that I cheated on him because I came up postive for chlamydia and he did not. I can't explain it, why was he not infected?

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • He cheated, got chlamydia, got treated and put the blame on you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Funny you should say that, I went through the same thing with my soon to be exwife. She was found to have chlamydia after 2 years of marriage and I was tested and did not. I want to know how I did not get it. I never taken any anti-b or anything that would have cleared it. Does this sound strange? If we are wrong, than this could save my marriage because we are having a had time dealing with this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 27, 2007
    • 06:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wait a minute. I think your lab tests are wrong and you really need to go on the meds. If she has it and you've had sex with her, then you have it too. The lab tests are invalid in your case and not logical. You've both had it a long time...both take the meds at the exact time. If you love her, take her for dinner and put it to rest. Who knows who had it first???
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • August 29, 2007
    • 09:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband and I are going through the same issue right now as well...I had a PAP done last Feb and everything was A-OK. My husband was already living here in Hawaii and I had recently joined him here the beginning of Aug. About one month later I had abnormal discharge and inflamation, suspicious right? First I was told I had a yeast infection and received medication for that. A day later it was "excessive bateria." Finally, a week later I received a phone call telling me it was Chlamydia. I am in the military so I had to see quite a few people just because I had been diagnosed with Chlamydia, all of them basically told me that my husband had cheated on me while he was here alone. This made him and I very upset, there were stereo-typing us and wouldn't even listen to what we had to say. My doctor suggested he get tested immediately and that we take the medication together. His results came back.... negative! I am going to get in touch with my Primary Care Manager tomorrow and hopefully get some answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 28, 2007
    • 04:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Boy, I would be really mad if someone in the military told me my husband was cheating on me. They need to be written up for insubordination. That was totally their take on the situation. I don't know how to explain it, but if your husband was not cheating on you, then you were mis-diagnosed or he was mis-diagnosed. If you two love each other, I would just take the meds at the same time. Maybe you've had it a long time and it just "erupted" like a volcano...I never really associated that infection I had when I was married with my husband cheating on me until he left, by the way.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2007
    • 07:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I been with my fiancee for almost 4 years now. we had a child and everything was grand. for a while. after the child her sexual feelings deminisioned and even said it hurt alot. we thopught it was just post pardom depression. thius went on for about 2 years. recently she was diagnosedd with chlamydia. I don't understand how after all this time she had it and I didn't. as far as we know my daughter doesn't have it from birth. and I didn't have. I even ask'ed my ex girlfriend if she ever had it and she said no. Is it possible that I had from many many years ago. or she had it from a previous opartner. I know it's hard to say where you get it from. but after all this time makes me really worried she cheated on me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 5, 2007
    • 10:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It must sit inside some women and then something triggers it, like a volcano. I think it is quite possible for a woman to have it for a couple of years and then wam!!! Not the usual case, but could be possible.
    • October 7, 2007
    • 03:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • About a month ago I went to the gynocologist and had a pap done, she asked if she could test me for chlamydia and ghonnorea as well and that it was a procedure they do on all their patients under 25. I said yes and a few days later my test results came back positive. My boyfriend got tested and his came back negative. However, our female roommate went to the same gyno and she too tested positive and her boyfriend negative. So we don't understand how the both of us had it and our boyfriends did not. Her and I do not have sex and we do not share anything. We are both now in the process of trying to save our relationships. Neither of us have cheated on our boyfriends, so how is this possible?
    mx_girl007 1 Replies
    • February 10, 2008
    • 00:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • There are several different types of tests. If the specimens are not handled corrected, there is a high degree of false negatives...I have since found this out since this post...your doctor is probably more accurate and careful with her procedures and the guys, just a coincidence. They have to have it if you do, so I would say their test was a false negative...I don't think you get false positives...For the one poster, I would make sure the baby gets tested and if you love each other, then that is what is important...either one of you could have given it to the other and both need treatment..it could have been going on for years..
    • February 10, 2008
    • 04:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i dont know anything about this disease, but that its a STD. But I do see a trend here. So far, all the women here that are tested and found positive, it seems that the men in their lives are testing negative.
    prone2injury 28 Replies
    • February 15, 2008
    • 05:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • seems like there's no answer for this...but i also tested positive...and the last chick i was messing with tested negative...i could've sworn up and down it was her...but i think she had it and got rid of it by taking Tetracycline which she just so happened to have for some skin condition or somethin...i think she got rid of it somehow before her test....i dunno though..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• This situation has made me be so disapointed of life & also mad at GOD, so plz I need urgent help. I been diagnosed with chlamydia, they gave treatment to my former boyfriend, & did the smear test to him also. Now we both r being test for HIV, but we haven't gotten the results yet. I was celibate for almost 10 years. I was supposed to married this man, but he demanded sex, I refused, so he had a 3 times sex relationship with a lady, then he came back & I gave in to his demands, cause I love him & I didnt want to loose him again. With the Chlamydia result, he confesed his crime, but now he is trowing the ball back at me, he says he only had sex with this nice lady & before he lets her know of me being infected, he wants to wait for the results of his test, so now He doubt of me not having sex for so long, & he believes he doesn't have that desease,so my questions are:Can a woman get Chlamidya from any other source of infection other than sexual intercourse without protection?Can a woman be infected without her man being infected?Can a man be a carrier from another infected woman to one that is not infected?In case he is infected, How can I prove I didnt have sex for so long, so the only person I could have gotten Chlomydia was from him, & therefor if he only has had sex with this lady, he must have gotten it from her & not me????I will apreciate any information to take away all this pain & insults
    ziakhan 15 Replies Flag this Response
  • This situation has made me be so disapointed of life & also mad at GOD, so plz I need urgent help. I been diagnosed with chlamydia, they gave treatment to my former boyfriend, & did the smear test to him also. Now we both r being test for HIV, but we haven't gotten the results yet. I was celibate for almost 10 years. I was supposed to married this man, but he demanded sex, I refused, so he had a 3 times sex relationship with a lady, then he came back & I gave in to his demands, cause I love him & I didnt want to loose him again. With the Chlamydia result, he confesed his crime, but now he is trowing the ball back at me, he says he only had sex with this nice lady & before he lets her know of me being infected, he wants to wait for the results of his test, so now He doubt of me not having sex for so long, & he believes he doesn't have that desease,so my questions are:Can a woman get Chlamidya from any other source of infection other than sexual intercourse without protection?Can a woman be infected without her man being infected?Can a man be a carrier from another infected woman to one that is not infected?In case he is infected, How can I prove I didnt have sex for so long, so the only person I could have gotten Chlomydia was from him, & therefor if he only has had sex with this lady, he must have gotten it from her & not me????I will apreciate any information to take away all this pain & insults Look hun he is turning this around on u his therory (even if he's to stupit to see it) "attack is the best form of defence" U know that u have not been with anyone else so u dont have to prove anything to this ***k ! dont listen to this bull **** ! U know & thats all that matters ! Regarding this other woman maybe she is respectable & hasn't been around alot but all she had to do was have sex with one person that has been throwing it about......so she will also be a victim of this. But also if she give into ur mans demands so easily it is very likely that there have been others ! Yes men can be carriers, but truthfully i dont know if it shows up in tests or not.......someone here will know the answer to that ! Hun u deserve better than this man, believe me "U REALLY DO WANT TO LOOSE HIM" !!! If he was such a great catch...... 1. he wouldnt have tryed to pressure u. 2. he wouldnt have gone for it else where. 3. he wouldnt twist this around on u & there will be many more reasons ! GET SHOT OF HIM FAST !!! Have Faith In Yourself.......always ! U know the truth ! I know ur in turmoil, hun u will get through this & years later u will look back & think "U had a lucky escape" I wish u well :) & big hug !
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanx for ur words they mean a lot to me at this time of my life, now the other matter to face (besides his insults) is the results of HIV test for both of us. I am praying for it to be negative, cause I dont need to keep walking my path with a broken heart, chlamydia & on top HIV....
  • Thanx for ur words they mean a lot to me at this time of my life, now the other matter to face (besides his insults) is the results of HIV test for both of us. I am praying for it to be negative, cause I dont need to keep walking my path with a broken heart, chlamydia & on top HIV.... Here is another bit of advise too help u......... The Power of Positive Thinking..........Well first of all chlamypia is treatable......so no worrys there ! Many innocent people have had it, & many more will ! so hold ur head up high ! Second'ly.....Yes u have had the HIV test done......but remember, people always imagine the worst.......so until u get those results, Stop worrying "it'll make u ill" 90% of things People Worry About DON'T Happen ! Every time u think of the pending results remember that & shove it out of ur head ! If someone says to me now "ahhhhh but that might happen", my replyto that is "Yes that might happen but Equally it May Well Not Happen" ! so u know which one i will run with ! It saves u alot of time & worry ! Deal with the result when u get it & not before ! Keep intouch for moral support ! And dont waste time talking or debating with that useless waster ! its pointless.............& as i said before "U Know U Done Nothing Wrong" Big Hugagain ! :) do keep in touch !!!
  • Thanx for the advise, curiously, he resulted negative, but I didnt know that yet when I posted. I stop calling him, cause anyway we had already broken up before we both got tested. For my surprise, he called earlier & ask me if i was never going to call him back again & telling me how much he misses me & wanted to see me, he didnt judge me or fight over the fact that i was positive & him negative, the only thing he told me, was he felt like that was a set up from me, to had him take all those tests, cause I am a jealous woman & yes he did bad having something with that woman, but I have to take in account that he was the one who told me all about it, & there for I ran to get myself tested, so he was giving me a hard time cause he resented that. he also told me he has never doubted of my honesty & celibacy & there isnt any other woman like me & he loves me. We still have to wait for HIV results, but he is very positive about it. I have to admit that I trully freaked out, as far as going back with him -I don't know- but he made my day
  • Thanx for the advise, curiously, he resulted negative, but I didnt know that yet when I posted. I stop calling him, cause anyway we had already broken up before we both got tested. For my surprise, he called earlier & ask me if i was never going to call him back again & telling me how much he misses me & wanted to see me, he didnt judge me or fight over the fact that i was positive & him negative, the only thing he told me, was he felt like that was a set up from me, to had him take all those tests, cause I am a jealous woman & yes he did bad having something with that woman, but I have to take in account that he was the one who told me all about it, & there for I ran to get myself tested, so he was giving me a hard time cause he resented that. he also told me he has never doubted of my honesty & celibacy & there isnt any other woman like me & he loves me. We still have to wait for HIV results, but he is very positive about it. I have to admit that I trully freaked out, as far as going back with him -I don't know- but he made my day Okay.............ive been trying to find out & seemingly it is possible for someone to be a carrier & test shows negitive. "sometimes" 1 Jealousy............can be a true gutt feeling also ! twisted by the abuse'r to hide behind ! Abuser's tactics........Put u down, twist everthing u say, make out ur jealous/paranoid..................tells u he only does this because he loves u so much, then be loving & caring, says he's sorry & will never do things again......................then the cycle begins again. Destroys ur self confidence, makes u think u are so unworthy & no one else will want u ! Abusers only excist with some one offering themselves to be a victim ! Actually victims dont realise that they too play a part in it........ Wise up girl......be a victim to no-one...........u deserve better ! U said he made ur day...................really ?.............he will destroy ur life, IF U LET HIM ! DONT LET HIM !
  • Thank you, GOD bless ur life & words, in the mist of this difficult situation, it is very easy to loose perspective. Yesterday was a happy day for me, but now I am thinking about the bigger picture, I see ur words could describe it clearly, I need 2 more days for the result of my HIV test, I am about to make a decission based on that result...But the whole situation is putting a lot of presure on my body. Then again,...Thanx for ur help
  • Not long to go then for results, let me know how things turn out plz, ive been thinking about u ! I hope & pray u do not go back with this guy........but if u do, always always stay intouch with a good friend & be truthful with what is happening in ur life...........as it will keep u balanced as to what is really happening.....even come here & talk to people when u need too ! U may not realise it yet but i truely believe u are walking back into an abusive relationship.........they all start somewhere.....& he is definately showing signs of it. A big thing abusers do is isolate u from friends & family, they do this in very subtle ways to start off with.......when they achieve that they will completly overpower u & make u believe that it is u who is in the wrong ! Im not going to go any further with this for now but if u need to talk plz come back. Weigh things up........work out what u want in life.....think of the type of relationship u want...........look at what u have......if they dont weigh up. get-out of it fast ! Reach for the universe that way u will catch a star.......dont accept anything but the best !...........that is what u deserve, never ever forget that ! Be Happy :) hugs
  • Thank u, I feel stronger today & with a clear vision, & actually I broke up with him today (this time it was me) Something interesting that happened is I call the clinic to check up on my HIV results & left message 4 the doctor, she called me back & gave me the good news that I dont have HIV, so I ask her How come I tested positive on Chlamydia & he didn't?? Doc replyed, she couldn't explained, but one thing she new was the only way to get it was tru sexual intercourse, so if he did'nt have it..... In other words, the doc called me a liar, a cheater in a very subtel way....the she aded: "u have to take the test in 3 months again". I called him & left him a message that they had the results already, he called me back & ask me not to leave town, that I should look for a job even as a waitress & not sit around at home all day long....He got on my nerves this time....I went off...I told him he was selfish, unsensitive, he didnt now me, cause he only remember i was alive for sex & if I wanted to sit around all day long, it was not his bussiness, cause I was the one paying for my appartment, I told him to go back to that woman or any other he might have & only to called me for something other than sex, cause he had caused me way so much more pain than hapiness..he hung up...so i left him a message telling him never to call me again & reminded him of our planes & how he messed them up with his sex demands. The best part...I didnt feel the urge to call him & try to make up, he hasn't call me either & i am ok, for the first time in life. I want to know about his results on HIV test anyway, but i dont know how to find that out.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement