Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Finger nails separating from nail bed

Posted In: Skin conditions 4,956,820 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 15, 2009
  • 02:03 PM

Hey everyone :)
I have a less-than-serious, yet nagging issue with my finger nails...
It seems as though they are separating further and further from the nail bed and it's beginning to worry me. I would post a picture if I had my camera here, but unfortunately right now i dont. I'm particularly worried about 1 nail which seems to be separated much further than the rest (about 1/3 of the nail is separated from the nail bed). Now, I've never been very kind to my hands as I work with them a lot (i do a ton of arts and am just generally pretty rough on my hands). There doesn't appear to be any debris under the nail so I don't suspect there's a fungal problem of any kind. They've been this way for quite some time and are just horrible looking (every girl would love a nice set of nails- am i right?)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this or how I could get the nail to reconnect to the nail bed (is that possible?) I'm not even sure what kind of doctor I would see about this sort of issue. I tried scheduling an appointment with several dermatologists about another skin issue recently and it's impossible to get an appointment anytime within the next 4 months (what is the DEAL with that?!).

Any help would be sooo much appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

~D

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement