Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Finger nails separating from nail bed

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 15, 2009
  • 02:03 PM

Hey everyone :)
I have a less-than-serious, yet nagging issue with my finger nails...
It seems as though they are separating further and further from the nail bed and it's beginning to worry me. I would post a picture if I had my camera here, but unfortunately right now i dont. I'm particularly worried about 1 nail which seems to be separated much further than the rest (about 1/3 of the nail is separated from the nail bed). Now, I've never been very kind to my hands as I work with them a lot (i do a ton of arts and am just generally pretty rough on my hands). There doesn't appear to be any debris under the nail so I don't suspect there's a fungal problem of any kind. They've been this way for quite some time and are just horrible looking (every girl would love a nice set of nails- am i right?)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this or how I could get the nail to reconnect to the nail bed (is that possible?) I'm not even sure what kind of doctor I would see about this sort of issue. I tried scheduling an appointment with several dermatologists about another skin issue recently and it's impossible to get an appointment anytime within the next 4 months (what is the DEAL with that?!).

Any help would be sooo much appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

~D

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement