Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

skin bruising

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: collinsb
  • December 7, 2006
  • 04:35 PM

Please help! Over the last week I have been waking up each morning with a new bruise. Large bruises and small bruises. The location varies but it is mainly on my thighs, knees and under my arms. They usually stay yellow until they disappear however some of the larger ones do turn purple and black. I have been having itching spells and I can tell some of the bruising and blood spots may be cause from my scratching. I do not know if the itching and the bruises are related but it all happened around the same time. My Dr put me on 2 different antibiotics about a month ago for a common cold. I was unable to hold the antibiotics on my stomach but when he called in a 3rd Rx, I was afraid to take it because I had Stephen-Johnson Syndrom 13 years ago. I was afraid of this happening again. Could antibiotics cause itching and bruising weeks after taking them?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• The itching sounds like candida albicans or candidiasis, which could result from antibiotics. The bruising I don't know about. You might try supplementation with the following nutrients:vitamin DZincVitamin CBioflavonoids
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 08:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ARe you anemic?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 9, 2006
    • 01:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Unsure! I looked up Candida and Anemic is a sympton. Waiting to see the Dr and do blood work. I feel as though it is an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Thanks for all your help!
    collinsb 1 Replies
    • December 11, 2006
    • 07:20 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement