Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Weird light-headed feeling

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 5, 2006
  • 08:16 PM

Hello. I've been having sinus headaches in the forehead, behind the eyes and on the sides of my head (off and on) for a few days now. That's no big deal to me as they seem to have subsided, but I'm also having a weird light headed, "floaty" feeling all day long. The intensity is up and down, really. It's not spinning like vertigo, just light headed. That is what bothers me. This is accompanied by an off and on low grade fever and stuffed up ears feeling. Normally I would chalk this up as a sinus infection, but, my symptoms don't seem to match completely. My phlem is clear however I think it's a bit increased and my nose is not running. I do have a history of a lot of ear infections and have had vertigo in the past due to fluid in the ear. The only thing that is bothering me and somewhat scareing me is the light-headedness. I did go to a doctor and she said it was probably something viral and would sort itself out if a few days. She checked out my ears and said they're fine and my throat also looks fine. She also gave me a perscription of anti-biotics in case it doesn't go away on it's own.

I've never had a light-headed feeling like this before and it's freaking me out. I just keep thinking to myself that I've got a brain tumor or something. However, I have stuffy ears and a low grade fever so maybe I'm just worrying myself. My doctor didn't seem to concerned. I don't really buy what my doctor is telling me so I was wondering if anyone else has had any idea what this might be.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement