Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Distention, noises, constipation, and gas

Posted In: Digestive conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 11, 2009
  • 05:24 PM

As the title says I've been suffering from these issues. I've had noises and abdominal distention since about September or October last year (2008) that would come from my stomach AFTER eating. About 2 months ago I started getting problems with gas and constipation. I feel a lot of gurgling/fluttering in my lower right abdominal area which sometimes is non stop as well as embarrassing noises coming from that area (sounds like flatulence but is not). I go to college and ever since this started 2 months ago I've missed loads of classes and my grades have took a nosedive. I can't stand being in a classroom setting at all anymore and avoid quiet situations as much as possible. Some days I wake up and I can feel the gurgling happening nonstop while I'm laying in bed, before I even eat anything, that's when I can tell the symptoms will be bad that day (excessive gas, constipation). I've gone to the doctor for the last 2 months and took numerous stool and blood tests as well as an ultrasound and they say I'm normal/fine. I've heard about IBS and I'm not sure if I have it, but I hope not because there is no cure. The only thing that I could think of was the fact that I was taking minocycline acne medication for 6 months, that's when the noises started (I also tried having live yogurt every day for a while because I've heard about bacterial overgrowth, but that didn't work either). I've tried everything and not sure what to do. Any help would be great thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement