Discussions By Condition: Colon conditions

Severe Constipation/Rectal Blockage

Posted In: Colon conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: lostgrrl
  • May 9, 2009
  • 00:21 PM

Hello I am new to the boards and wondering if anyone here could help me figure out what may be wrong with me. I became severely constipated back at the end of 2006 after I took these pain pills Tramadol for period pain. Every since then I cant 'go' unless I do some kind of laxative or enema. I struggled with it all during 2007 taking all different kinds of laxatives to try and regulate my system again. Then during 2008 I started looking into natural/herbal laxatives to help the problem. Unfortunatly things just took a turn for the worst around February 2008. I took this stuff with psyllum husks in it and every since then my colon hasnt felt normal. I feel this terrible blockage in my rectum, always. It feels like something is stuck there that cant be pushed out no matter what!!!!! No matter how much laxative or enema I take. I even had a colonoscopy done last May to see if there was a blockage or something. He said the test showed fecal matter in my colon but he did nothing about it. He just told me to eat some bran cereal and sent me on my way. It seemed like he should've looked into it more but he didnt! Your suppose to be completely cleaned out when you have a colonoscopy but obviously I wasnt since he saw fecal matter in my colon!!!!!!! Needless to say i did NOT feel completely cleaned out even after taking all that laxative stuff for the test. It still felt like something stuck in my rectum. Like some kind of impaction or something that cant be pushed out for nothing!!!!!!! I'm really at my wits end with this and have tried so many things to get rid of this problem to no avail! My stomach is always bloated/hurting because I can never fully empty my bowels. And I feel this awful pain/pressure/discomfort in my rectum, always. I can even often feel my poo like getting stuck around something at the rectum and it cant get out and just goes back up inside and makes my stomach hurt so much. Can someone please tell me what you think this may be. I'm planning to try and see another doctor about this but I dont have any money or insurance and really worried I wont be able to get the help I so desperately need!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Did you ever find out why you were having these issues? I am having similar issues.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 24, 2014
    • 06:20 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement