Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Creaking joints, and knee pain

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Plastikfear
  • May 5, 2009
  • 05:27 PM

For as long as I can remember I've always had 'creaking' joints, which isn't painful but its slightly uncomfortable. You can't really hear it, but I can feel it, and it is annoying, especially when trying to give my girlfriend massages. I often have to stop because I get uncomfortable and restless with the joints in my fingers feeling that way. I was wondering if there were any dietary supplements, excersizes, or medications I should look into for this, and if this constitutes an actual problem? My doctor said this is nothing to worry about.

Also... apparently I was born with my tendons slightly too short in my knees. Only by about a centimeter or so. When I was growing, between the ages of 8 - 12 I experienced frequent 'locking' of the knees, and to unlock the knee was excruciatingly painful. I remember having a BM in my pants because I was too afraid of the pain to attempt to straighten out my leg and walk to the bathroom :( I now, as an adult (I'll be 30 in a little over a month) experience intermittent pain in my knees, mostly going down stairs, or kneeling down and trying to get back up again, things like that. Excersize makes my knees pop and click, and there is often a feeling of pressure behind the kneecap. I was wondering if anyone else ever heard of this, had this problem too, or knew a way I could cut down on the pain. I've been told the only way to really fix it would be to lengthen my tendons but that would be highly unpractical and expensive, so I guess that's not really an option. I haven't talked to my current doctor about it because it was an item I had 'closed and dismissed' as being nothing I could do anything about long long ago, but I am tempted to see what her opinion may be.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement