Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Numbness and tingling all over

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ang4short
  • December 4, 2006
  • 05:18 AM

About 2 months ago I began having a numbing feeling at the base of my neck and it would radiate over my entire head briefly. These feeling were odd and became more frequent. Soon my symptoms included head numbness, numbness in my shoulders, arms and hands. I even began experiencing numbness all over. I seem to have more numbness when I'm laying down. Very similar to RLS however feeling that way all over my body. I don't know if I would say numbness or pins and needles?? Very annoying! My PCP ordered blood work and a Cervical MRI. I was then referred to a neurologist. I have had a brain MRI to rule out MS and a brain wave scan EEP- I think is what it was called. Nothing. My cervical MRI showed nothing abnormal as well. I went to a chiropractor who took several xrays. His diagnonis was that my first vertibra were misaligned. He adjusted me 4 times and I felt 98% better and only had numbness in my hands. Then after my 4th adjustment he adjusted my 2nd vertibra, within hours my numbness came back. He adjusted me 2 more times and nothing, I'm back to feeling the same way again. He says that my 1st vertibra will not stay aligned due to stress. I don't feel like I'm stresses. I went to an ortopedic surgeon friday who viewed my MRI's and took more xrays. His diagnonis-nothing, my spine incl my cervical looks fine go back to the neurologist. GRRR I'm getting so frustrated. I wake up every day numb. I have extreme difficulty falling asleep as my numbness becomes worse while sitting in bed and then trying to lay down to sleep. I can not get comfortable. My PCP prescribed flexeril for me, but it doesn't seem to help. I plan to call my neurologist again tomorrow but he is also stumped. He is my 2nd opinion as a neurologist. Shall I get a 3rd one involved? I find it odd that I got relief from the chiropractor but all the other dr's claim nothing is wrong with my spine. I have been reading for weeks anything and everything I can find on the net. I feel as if I going crazy and don't know where else to turn.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement