Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

I KEEP PEEING AND I DONT KNOW WHY!! Iplease some1 help me

Posted In: Urinary conditions 32 Replies
  • Posted By: Xxfreak4lifeox
  • December 4, 2006
  • 04:34 AM

hi.. i have been urinating alot lately.. i had a urinary tract infection about 8 months ago and i took medication and i got over it.... well lately i have been urinating alot and ive been looking up stuff online and i KNOW i dont have a urinary tract infection because when i pee, it doesnt burn or hurt... butsometimes i feel like i have to go and then i go and pee DOES come out then if i sit on the toilet for like another minute, a little bit more comes out.... i mean, if i waited there every mintue, im sure a little bit would keep coming out every time... and its not even yellow or anything its clear and has no odor..... its kind of annoying to... i cant go to the doctor anytime soon so can anyone PLEASE help me at least tell me what you think it might be? or tell me if theres any homieopathic medicions i should try? i mean i dont think i drink that much..... so i dont know what it could be..... oh and also, when i pull up my bellbutton, i feel this sensation in my bladder like i have to pee... ijust dont get whats going on.... help!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

32 Replies:

• You may be developing weak pelvic muscles. An osteopath can help you with muscle problems and weakness and suggest exercises to strenthen the pelvic region, a phsio or pilates practitioner can also do this.Diabetes is also another thing to look out for with excessive urination, but you said you weren't overly drinking, or excessively thirsty. All the bestsearchingsam
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 07:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I agree with searchingsam!You should contact a doctor and have it checked. If it turns out it is weak pelvic muscles, I would suggest you tried pilates. Pilates is a exercising program that tightens the muscles, especially the pelvic ones and you may benefit from it if it turns out to be weak pelvic muscles.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 00:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi! i always get UTI's and sometimes i do not get the burning sensation but only the urgency. it may be a number of things, one stated above, as well as stones. another thing i have found is that, after an ultra sound, my bladder does not empty all the way. so this may sound funny but they told me to pee as normal then rock back and forth, like lean forward, and pee again. to prevent and help treat UTI's drink cranberry juice and or take cranberry pills. this seems to help as well as drinking water. good luck and get to a doctor if you can :o
    dirtyharrysmom 2 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 03:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • A neurogenic residual bladder leaves residual in the bladder after urination and a persistant desire to urinate. This can be caused through nerve damage or sickness.My cerebral palsy quad friend had this since birth due to the brain damage. Several years ago for some unknown reason, probably massive stress, she took a turn for the worse, and the only way to get her bladder functioning again as the meds didn't work, was acupuncture with chinese medicine.She still has residual urine, but isn't constantly wanting to go to the toilet and hasn't had a urine infection for years as her bladder empties sufficiently to keep clear of over build up of bacteria.Just a thought. :) Agape,searchingsam
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 09:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I would certainly advise seeing a doctor as soon as possible if you haven't already done so. Also I wouldn't altogether discount the possibility of a water infection as the symptoms you describe do point in that direction. I had no fewer than 3 water infections - or rather recurrences of one which was determined to resist the aqntibiotics I was given - during the course of a year. It's certainly not something I'd rule out. With the correct antibiotic treatment though it should be possible to get rid of it eventually.
    Adrian69-70 2 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 07:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the same problem.... ask your doctor for "cipro"... I was cured in one day. It was strange... my urine cultre were negative (no std's)... the cipro cleared me right away and i don't know why. take 2 per day for one week... your will feel fine after about 4 hours but finish the bottle.... To this day i don't know why it happened... but i'm going to check for diabetes.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 07:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a 41 yr. old male and have a real bad case of frequent urination. My wife tells me I don't drink enough, so I don't believe it is because of too much liquid intake. I don't smoke, I don't drink liquor, rarely do I drink coffee and now I"ve completely elimiminated caffeinated sodas (coke, Dr. Pepper.) I still end up peeing at least every 1.5 to 2 hours. During the day it doesn't bother me, but at night it most definitely is affecting my sleep. In the past week I've been waken with an urgency to pee 4 or 5 times a night. I find myself exhausted in the morning. I went to a urologist about 3 months ago (he said he thinks it's related to stress) and what stress does is tense up all the muscles, on top of that he said he thinks I have somewhat of a more narrow erethra than the average man, which probably makes peeing through it more difficult. The symptoms seemed to have gotten a bit better for a while only to worsen in the past few weeks. Even at best I was still getting up twice at night to pee (I usually go to bed about 10 and would pee at about 1 and then again at 5 or so). Sometimes I feel I really need to pee and very little comes out, on these occasions I feel a little bit of burning, but no abdominal pain. The lab checked my urine sample for diabetes and about 12 other things 2 months ago and then again last week and the urine sample came back all negative. I"m very frustrated and mainly exhausted from this. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's a prostate problem, should I go see another doctor and get another analysis ?? I believe if I had a bladder infection my urine analysis would show something wouldn't it ?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 05:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I recently had a similar problem. I was getting up at night 3-5 times. Tests did not show any urinary problems. My doctor sent me to the hospital for a sleep apnea test and it showed that I needed to wear a sleep mask (CPAP) at night. I am using the mask every night and I usually get up only once. Previously it was approx. every 2 hours. I still have frequent urination during the day. You should check with your doctor about having this checket out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 08:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To the 42 yo gentleman:Urinary frequency at night is a sign of kidney deficiency in Chinese Medicine. Do you have low back or knee pain? Are you anxious? A prostate exam would be good to rule out prostate problems. But also consider trying acupuncture - it works amazingly well for urinary problems. To find one near you visit www.acufinder.com for info. Hope this helps.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 05:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just went to get checked for a uti in the doctors office and she said the fast test didn't show any signs of infection so she sent it to the lab and i'll know on monday if it comes back as an infection.In the meantime I am so worried that it might be something more serious. But what and that bothers me now for the whole weekend.I am 54, and had a uti infection last August and took antibiotics for it. It went away and then a few months ago I've been getting the symptoms off and on again every few days but not too badly. I am fearful and baffled by this whole thing. And I would appriciate any imput on the subject. thank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It is unbelievable how difficult is to find info on this matter... I'm a female, 40 years old, and I'm having problems with that need of going pee all the time... I had 2 urine tests and apparently nothing was wrong. I do believe that stress might provoke it, 'casue I'm under a lot of stress... but I've noticed that the need and timing is increasing... I don't drink water much, sometimes at all... neither any other kind of drinks, actually I don't really drink that much... I have a decaf coffee every morning but that's about it, and I don't think I have any other symptoms that I can mention.Hope I'll get more info from you...
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I can't say enough how helpful acupuncture is for urinary problems! After the birth of my children, I developed incontinence, and acupuncture has helped immensely. Also, it is excellent for urinary frequency, UTI's, night urination, and so much more. Please consider trying this - it works. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had the same problem from about the age of 48. It was found that my bladder had dropped and needed "hitching up". The operation involved a little sling that is stitched to the walls of your abdominal cavity and used to keep the bladder in its normal place. All it takes is an ultrasound to find out if your bladder has dropped, so it's worth a look.
    leagle 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am a 24 year old female and I also pee every two hours. I've been to so many docs and they said everything was fine. One urologist told me I have interstitial cystitis. I find it very fustrating that no one has a cure for it.
  • There is a cure, please look into Chinese medicine, and NAET technique. IC is just a label, and says nothing about what causes this disorder...find a different way of looking at this - TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine) has helped me with chronic UTI's and urinary frequency. NAET gets to the bottom of undiagnosed allergic responses, which often can be a cause of IC. www.acufinder.com and www.naet.com for more info on these two treatment options. Also, the homeopathy remedy Cantharis is very good for more acute urinary difficulties, including UTI's or urinary discomfort. Best wishesDOM
  • I went to my urologist for the same problem, not being able to completely empty my bladder and having residual urine each time I went leaving me feeling like I always hade to so. Strangely enough, he treated me with a drug that is used for males with prostrate problems and experience the same difficulty. It worked. But definately see a doctor. Your body is your temple. Take care of it now or you'll pay the price later in life. I learned that the hard way.
    suzieq16 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • To the 41 yr old male. Ask a doctor to check for diabetes insipidus (DI). It is not regular diabetes. It just means it comes and comes and insipidus means clear/no odor. It can be either brain (Central DI) or nephrogenic (kidney) DI. My DH has the CDI & uses a nasal spray called Ddavp (think $$$$ if you have no insurance). There also are pills. They test for it with a water deprivation test in hospital and check some stuff. And then they give you the Ddavp and if you stop peeing, bingo!Best wishes.
  • OK, I'm a 23 year-old Male. I recently started seeing a girl, and when I had sex I started to feel the symptoms of Chlymidia ( I dunno if that's spelled right) regardless, much like anotehr time, I was checked and I did not contract it or any otehr STD. Last time, I had the same problem, but when the results came back, i felt fine the next day... I'm wondering if it's in my head, as I'm uncomfortable now, but this only happens after sex without a condom. Of course it has been a while since I last had sex, and we had been drinking. I'm wondering if this could be like just in my head, an allergic reaction, perhaps since I don't use my pelvic muscles often, I dunno... just pelvic discomfort and I feel like I have to pee all the time.
  • Hi. I have a similar problem. I am 13 yrs old. I have had this problem from June 13 2007 till today June 29 2007. I have too pee alot and i can only go when my hand are in the sink. and there is water coming out. i no its strange but i dont know i just pee like that. i can barely go in the toilet. it wont come out. Some times it does. but when i put my hands in the sink and let warm water flow i pee on the floor and thats how it usually comes out. i went to a doctor and they said it was all in my head. i have done sonograms and ct scans. they will check my bladder and put me to sleep. the real problem is that when i pee, the pee wont come out unless my hands are in warm water. do i need a phsycatrist? pleasee helpp meeeeee. i am on medication right now beacuse i feel like i have to pee every 5-10 minutes. its ditropan XL. i have been using it for three days now. it usually starts workingg in like 2 weekss =( pleasee help me.
  • OK, I'm a 23 year-old Male. I recently started seeing a girl, and when I had sex I started to feel the symptoms of Chlymidia ( I dunno if that's spelled right) regardless, much like anotehr time, I was checked and I did not contract it or any otehr STD. Last time, I had the same problem, but when the results came back, i felt fine the next day... I'm wondering if it's in my head, as I'm uncomfortable now, but this only happens after sex without a condom. Of course it has been a while since I last had sex, and we had been drinking. I'm wondering if this could be like just in my head, an allergic reaction, perhaps since I don't use my pelvic muscles often, I dunno... just pelvic discomfort and I feel like I have to pee all the time. You may be experiencing candida signs, which is NOT an STD, but can be contracted from your sexual partner. Ask your partner if she ever has yeast infections - this is candida. It is very common and if you take a PROBIOTIC it can help especially for your partner, if she does get yeast infections). An allergic reaction could be possible as well. Try washing after sex with mild soap and see if this helps. Always try to pee after sex to flush yourself. DOM
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement