Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Blood in urine & feces...Anyone???

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 13 Replies
  • Posted By: trish7210
  • December 3, 2006
  • 08:01 PM

So for the longest time, I've had chest pain. For a while, it was just that, but it developed into chest and stomach/abdominal pain. I went to the doctor and got treated with Ranitidine, being diagnosed with GERD.(basically, acid reflux). I figured, okay, but taking the Ranitidine didn't seem to be in correlation with when or how often I would get the pains, so I figured they weren't working.

The chest pain started to slow, and it seems like I have more of the ab pain now only, but I've now been having difficulty breathing(especially when I stand straight up), and within about the past 2 weeks, I noticed blood in my urine. I had never had this happen before, but I had pain and frequent urination, so I looked it up and firgured it was a UTI. I got some Uristat last night for it, and now it's just slightly pink urine, so I guess it's working, but NOW, I noticed today that I have blood in my stool....

If any of this extra info helps:
*I'm 16/female
*not overweight
*semi-high blood pressure/pulse
*often dizzy

If anyone could help, I'd be so appreciative...:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• First put a tampon in your vagina to make sure it IS coming from your urethra and anus. Then... Why are you posting online, and not at your MD ASAP?
    eleven 55 Replies
    • December 14, 2006
    • 07:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Eleven,Why are you such an **s? Seriously people post on this site for opinoins on their symptoms, not to here your smart **s remarks. Is there any need for it? Not to mention she is only 16, do you think you could be a tad bit nicer? Put a tampoon in so you know where it is coming from? I am sorry, but you know if there is blood in your stools where it is coming from. If it was vaginal bleeding you would know, if it was blood in the stools you would know. You must be a man?!? Now, to the poster, it is something that def. needs to be evaluated hun. Blood in your stools can mean a number of things. I think that from what I have read though it is usually either a hemroid or bleeding from your stomach. Since this started happening after you started taking the medicane I would be looking at that being the cause of it. Do you still have the pamphlet that they give you with the medicane listing the side effects. Sometimes something like that can be caused by medicanes, but sometimes it will tell you it is a normal reaction to the medicane. If so it will say something like "this medicane may cause your urine and stools to turn a _ color". If you don't still have that info. then you can google it. But call your dr. hun and let them know what is going on. Have you told your mom about all of this? What does she say?
    billyandsarah99 19 Replies
    • December 14, 2006
    • 07:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh, that's cute Eleven...did you decide to comment because you're still sore about forgetting to put your own tampon in? It happens dear.:) Actually, I found out that it was stomach bleeding. The blood ended up stopping, but I started getting terrible flank pain. It turned out to be acid just sitting in my stomach after the food would digest, and now I'm taking famotidine for it. It's a treatment for GERD, so we're seeing if it works. SO far, it has.
    trish7210 4 Replies
    • December 14, 2006
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Awww...I see. I am glad you found something out hun. Lots of luck to ya!
    billyandsarah99 19 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 00:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Eleven,Why are you such an **s? Seriously people post on this site for opinoins on their symptoms, not to here your smart **s remarks. Is there any need for it? Not to mention she is only 16, do you think you could be a tad bit nicer? Put a tampoon in so you know where it is coming from? I am sorry, but you know if there is blood in your stools where it is coming from. If it was vaginal bleeding you would know, if it was blood in the stools you would know. You must be a man?!? Now, to the poster, it is something that def. needs to be evaluated hun. Blood in your stools can mean a number of things. I think that from what I have read though it is usually either a hemroid or bleeding from your stomach. Since this started happening after you started taking the medicane I would be looking at that being the cause of it. Do you still have the pamphlet that they give you with the medicane listing the side effects. Sometimes something like that can be caused by medicanes, but sometimes it will tell you it is a normal reaction to the medicane. If so it will say something like "this medicane may cause your urine and stools to turn a _ color". If you don't still have that info. then you can google it. But call your dr. hun and let them know what is going on. Have you told your mom about all of this? What does she say? Here's a question, billy. Why are you such a stalker? Get over yourself. I was trying to be helpful by suggesting that she go to a MD as soon as possible. Rectal bleeding is a serious problem. I note that your reply consisted simply of *******g at me and a vague response about what you've "read." And no, I'm not a man, but I've seen patients who thought they had rectal bleeding when it was only, in fact, the beginning of their period.
    eleven 55 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 06:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh, that's cute Eleven...did you decide to comment because you're still sore about forgetting to put your own tampon in? It happens dear.:) Actually, I found out that it was stomach bleeding. The blood ended up stopping, but I started getting terrible flank pain. It turned out to be acid just sitting in my stomach after the food would digest, and now I'm taking famotidine for it. It's a treatment for GERD, so we're seeing if it works. SO far, it has. I'm glad things are working for you. And no, I don't wear tampons. I was trying to be helpful, because I have witnessed patients who had that problem, where they thought it was rectal but it was in fact vaginal. Don't take things so personally.
    eleven 55 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 06:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Eleven, I appreciate your thoughtful comment to the distressed girl. As to the others who were harshly critical of Eleven, you have projected sarcasm and hostility onto her. She simply asked a question to get the girl to think about what she should be doing. She is right. Attacking her and being crude makes you hypocrits. And, I'm disappointed that the girl with the issue joined in.Of course, people do ask questions here because they don't have their doctor handy or they are afraid to go, etc. But, sometimes people need a nudge to go. Don't be so ******n someone who was trying to help. She wasn't in anyway unkind, and I would say she was kind in taking her time to try to help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 17, 2006
    • 08:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Eleven, I appreciate your thoughtful comment to the distressed girl. As to the others who were harshly critical of Eleven, you have projected sarcasm and hostility onto her. She simply asked a question to get the girl to think about what she should be doing. She is right. Attacking her and being crude makes you hypocrits. And, I'm disappointed that the girl with the issue joined in. Of course, people do ask questions here because they don't have their doctor handy or they are afraid to go, etc. But, sometimes people need a nudge to go. Don't be so ******n someone who was trying to help. She wasn't in anyway unkind, and I would say she was kind in taking her time to try to help. Thank you for your support. :) That means a lot to me. (I really WASN'T trying to be cruel.)
    eleven 55 Replies
    • December 17, 2006
    • 09:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I found this because I noticed blood in my feces the other day, and at first I thought maybe it was my period comming a week early. It isn't and so I started to search causes of this. There are ulcers, cancer, a tear in the intestine or colon, all sorts of differant things, about 75-90 things to be exact. I do have an acid rreflux issue and used to take nexium, I guess it could be that. I also have a almost unoticeable hernia in my belly button and wonder if it could be that. I am 34, and a big chicken. I was wondering how the 16 year old girls Dr tested her and found out it was internal bleeding from the acid? I have a Dr appointment scheduled but wanted to investigate some on my own.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 06:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Endometriosis can be another cause for blood in the stool & urine.You should speak to your doctor...the sooner the better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 09:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HiI know that I am replying very late to this thread but would like some advice please.I have blood in my urine and faeces and have booked an appointment with my GP. Could someone please tell me what kind of examination I should expect?Thank you. Mary
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Actually, whoever posted the comment about the tampon was correct. Vaginal bleeding often contaminates urine/fecal material in the bowl and you need to separate the two phenomena. A tampon is a good start.Second, blood from the stomach does not come out red in the bowl, unless you are experiencing a brisk upper GI bleed which means UNSTABLE and URGENT transfer to ER necessary!!!!! Trust me, not going to be fixed with an H2RA like Famotidine!!!!!!!!This girl is likely experiencing a benign anorectal bleed, which usually means hemorrhoids or a small anal fissure at that age. That or it's vaginal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2007
    • 04:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had blood in my urine and it wasnt from my period.It was due to kidney stones. As for rectal bleeding,i have had that too.I dont know why. It was alot of blood and in the stool.Im taking medication for an infection due to a wisdom tooth being pulled out. This has happened once maybe twice.Im curious if it is due to the medication, but its happened to me before i ever took medication and also now that Im on the medication....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement