Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Dragging Leg pain

Posted In: Muscle conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 28, 2009
  • 08:35 AM

Hello,

I've got a dragging leg pain in my thigh since few month now. Unfortunately the doctor has no clue and keeps prescribing me drugs, which obviously don't help.

The pain comes up in my left or right tights, its always different. It doesn't hurt when I am walking or running, just when I am sitting(legs not moving) or lying in bed with streched legs. I have to tuck up one's legs at nights otherwise(when I stretch it) the pain starts.

I am suffereing from lower back pain since 2 - 3 years, again the pain cause wasn't identified, but I am not sure if it's connected.

Any idea what it might be as I have no idea and its quite frustrating how this pain limits your live.

I am going regulary to the gym and I was wondering if I just keep going to the gym, as it doesn't hurt when I am training?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• The main problem here is my dragging pain in my tights, which started couple of moths ago.Just for the information, I am suffering from lower back pain since 2 - 3 years, which not even the doctors know the cause.Anyway, since few month back the leg pain started while I was doing GYM. When I did bench press I felt a dragging pain(Which is strange, because the leg was not used for this exercise). I then stopped and noticed keeping my leg warm would fix it after 2 - 3 days. But I would have to stay in bed and just keep it warm.When ever I go to the gym the pain usually starts up after 1 - 2 weeks or early/later, so I stopped going to the gym for a while hoping that this was the cause, but guess what wrong ! The pain appeared again and I had to keep my legs warm for couple of days and stay in bed. The odd thing is that I could run, walk and it wouldn't hurt, but even ease the pain a little. As soon as I(The leg) stopped movement and I was sitting or lying the pain would come up again.Somehow the pain changed a little bit now, since I played footbal(which resulted in further and agressive pain of my lower back and legs) and now its hurting only when I am streching the leg completely. I have to tuck up one's legs when I am trying to sleep as streching would hurt it. I can still walk, run and play badminton etc, but just not strech it while I am as sleep or sitting. *EDIT* - Please read this version to fully understand my pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement