Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

knee swollen and won't get better HELP!!!

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: awb4130578
  • April 28, 2009
  • 04:03 AM

I have had swelling in my left knee for 4 days now. i woke up friday morning. i couldnt stand let alone walk. i still cant stand. im on crutches. there is bruising on my knee and the pain is getting worse and worse and is spreading to above and below my knee. the swelling is getting bigger too:( i am 20 years old, female. i have not recently fallen, or have done anything physical to cause this. I've went to 2 ERs. the 1st one said to wrap it and go back to life as usual. i lifeguard for a job and told them that it does require standing for long periods of time-30 min. at the most. i told her that even with a brace that i wouldnt be able to stand. and im right, i cant stand even with a brace. and i cant swim because of my knee either so i havent been able to work since saturday:(-and i live by myself-I have bills to pay!!!!! the 2nd ER doc i went to said stay off it and see an orthopedic surgeon-go get an MRI done. i don't have health insurance or any money for a downpayment (im moving this friday to a new a new apartment cuz i HATE where im at now-->im broke) to see a surgeon to get an MRI and find out what's wrong. I haven't talked to my parents for over a year so there no use. I've tried ice, heat, biofreeze, icyhot, a brace, staying off it, 500mg of vicodin 2x a day and 500mg of naprosyn 2x a day. nothing works!!!!!!!!! and it's ******g me off no one can tell me what's wrong. PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT'S WRONG???

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement