Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

can't hardly walk

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Kim3541
  • April 24, 2009
  • 11:42 PM

:confused:
I have had very bad pains in my feet all day for over a year now, they seem to be getting worse. I also have burning in my feet most of the time. It gets worse when I try to sleep. But it also keeps me from wearing shoes and or socks, even in winter. The pain in my feet sometimes in my toes, sometimes on the tops and or the bottoms. it gets so severe that even a feather or the sheets from the bed hurt to touch them. Sometimes they feel as if someone hit them with something hard, then they just throb. I have been of work and my EML is almost up. No one knows what to do or what is causing it. Please can you help? I am taking Gabatril for the burning and Fibromyalgia- really not working. I have been tested for neurapathy, diabetes. My uric acid is high -they think I have gout, but it is in both feet and legs and it never goes away. Sometimes my feet swell, they feel like when you go out in the cold and come back in and run warm water on them. But I don't. They just feel that way. I have gained so much weight because I can't walk. I have tried water therapy it helps some, but the burning in my feet is still there even in the water.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• The pain is only present in your feet and legs correct? Is the pain in your skin, muscles, or bones? Other than the swelling are there any abnormalities in appearance?As of now all I can suggest is that you stop seeing the doctor that told you it was Fibromyalgia.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • WhenI was working and even now if I stand, walk or lie on a hard surface for too long it starts hurting in my lower back and I have to sit down. If I lie down to long on the hard surface then I have a difficult time getting up. I get so stiff I can't hardly move. I went to the store the other morning at 3:30 in the morning because of the burning and the hurting in my feet was keeping me up, It took me an over an hour to just get a few things, enough to fill the little basket in the cart. The longer I stand on a hard surface the slower I get. I hurt so bad by the time I got through I just wanted to cry.The pain sometimes is in my joints, and muscles. Sometimes if the fan blows on the upper part of my body, I wake up hurting, aching, or if I try to do to much then I wake up the next day achy,hurting like having the flu. I tried that Lyrica, but it just made me sleep all day. I don't want to spend the rest of my life sleeping, might as well be dead if I'm going to do that. The doctor I went to that said I have Fibromyalgia is an RA Dr. He took blood tests, checked the points where you are suppose to have fibromyalgia, then started me on different medications. Nothing so far is working for the burning. I haven't told him that my feet hurt worse now, just don't want another disappointment or medication.
    Kim3541 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing and they told me the same thing that it was Fibro myalgia too. Then I kept checking with more tests and they fond out it was MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
  • Did you ever find out what was wrong with you. My daughter has similiar symptoms and has now had them for little over a year now. She was initially diagnosed with guillain barre syndrome but her new dr. doesn't believe that was right.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2010
    • 11:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Did you ever find out what was wrong with you. My daughter has similiar symptoms and has now had them for little over a year now. She was initially diagnosed with guillain barre syndrome but her new dr. doesn't believe that was right. They took x-rays of my back and found arthritus in my lower lumbar, between each disc. I have something out of place in my pelvis area that when it pos it sends a terrible pain through my body. As far as my feet, my toes now get icy cold, but will still burn on the bottom of my feet. Went to foot Dr. she is having me take another neurapathy test. The first one said I didn't have it. She said I could still have it even though the test was negative. That is Monday. She said then she would talk to my primary Dr. and my RA Dr. to up one of my medicines Gaitril or Cymbalta to help maybe get rid of the pain. I already take 60mg of Cymbalta. Both medicines are expensive. I have had to go on total disability because of all this. I have tried to up the medicine on my own, nothing happened. I honestly don't think there is anything they can do. They are just grasping at straws. One of my sisters has the same thing. nothing is helping her either. Sorry I could not give you better news. But is something new comes up in the next couple of weeks I will surely let you know. I feel for your daughter. I can't wear socks and I can't wear my shoes very long either, because of the burning. I will let you know if they found something that works. Kim
    Kim3541 5 Replies
    • February 19, 2010
    • 04:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • try a product called GOUTROL.. if it is only gout it will help..look online
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • February 21, 2010
    • 06:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • They took x-rays of my back and found arthritus in my lower lumbar, between each disc. I have something out of place in my pelvis area that when it pos it sends a terrible pain through my body. As far as my feet, my toes now get icy cold, but will still burn on the bottom of my feet. Went to foot Dr. she is having me take another neurapathy test. The first one said I didn't have it. She said I could still have it even though the test was negative. That is Monday. She said then she would talk to my primary Dr. and my RA Dr. to up one of my medicines Gaitril or Cymbalta to help maybe get rid of the pain. I already take 60mg of Cymbalta. Both medicines are expensive. I have had to go on total disability because of all this. I have tried to up the medicine on my own, nothing happened. I honestly don't think there is anything they can do. They are just grasping at straws. One of my sisters has the same thing. nothing is helping her either. Sorry I could not give you better news. But is something new comes up in the next couple of weeks I will surely let you know. I feel for your daughter. I can't wear socks and I can't wear my shoes very long either, because of the burning. I will let you know if they found something that works. KimPrior to developing your problems, did you take any quinolone antibiotics? (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox)? You should check your medical records and see. What you are describing is often a nasty side effect caused by these drugs even AFTER you've stopped taking them (so often people don't make the connection).
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement