Discussions By Condition: Other Conditions

Worst symptom - Tendonitis in multiple joints!

Posted In: Other Conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 23, 2009
  • 07:27 PM

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this, and sorry about the lengthy post...

I've been sick for the past 3 years. My story started with an elevated liver panel. The symptoms I had at the time were identical to hepatitis A, but all tests came back negative. I had about a week of feeling very tired (I slept about 18-20 hours a day), diarreah, no appetitie and aching all over. I remember feeling like I was coming down with the flu, but no sore throat or runny nose. After about a week my appetite came back, but after eating I got sick to my stomach, and it lasted for about a week. They diagnosed me with Mono, but I had already had that a few years earlier.

Anyhow... fast forward... After this I noticed my ankle would hurt me from time to time. Like I had sprained it. It would disappear just as quickly as it showed up, so I blamed it on bad shoes.

Then a few months later I had 2 weeks of awful diarreah with stomach pain. I was also having some pain in my back on the right side. I was very fatigued, and slept everytime I had a chance. I was admitted in to the hospital, where they gave me a very good check up. They ran loads of blood tests, and I had a colonscopy that showed ulcers in my colon. All blood came back normal except for a slightly elevated wbcc and a slightly positive Iga-RF. I was told that the Iga-RF, was nothing to worry about and that colitis was of an infectious origin.

About a month after the hospial episode, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (unknown cause) and high blood pressure. In the mean time the tendon problems started to spread to my other foot and I started realize that there was something more then I understood going on.

My bowels never went back to normal. On a normal day I have 3-5 BM's, sometimes diarreah, sometimes not, but never a normal looking BM. My eyes are dry (tested), my mouth is dry (I have a chronic infection in the minor salivary glands, but not enough to confirm Sjogrens).

In addition I have flares of the following symptoms:

Tendonitis - at the moment in my right shoulder, left ankle, knees, 4 fingers, and right elbow.

A pimple like rash on my chest and back. If I touch it it gets itchy and a cheezy like substance comes out if I squeeze. (sorry for being grafic)

Mouth ulcers - as soon as one heals, another shows up.

Anyhow... I was hoping someone might have experienced something simular and could maybe give me a clue to what could be the cause of all these awful symptoms.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement