Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

SEVERE upper abdominal pain-had every test possible!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: tamik98
  • December 1, 2006
  • 08:57 PM

I am desperate. I have been suffering from severe upper abdominal pain for about 6 months now. At times it is so bad I think I would rather just die. To date I have had the following:
*2 Hydoscans (revealed diseased gall bladder)
*Had Gall Bladder removed
*6 chest/abdominal x-rays
*4 sonograms
*2 CT Scans
*numerous blood tests
*MRI
*MRCG
*Endoscopy
*Upper GI w/small bowel series
And to date, ALL of these tests (Except of course removal of the gall bladder) have shown NOTHING!

Current medications I am taking:
*Zelnorm
*Vicodan
*Levsin
*Glycolax
*Tylenol 3

Along with the pain I have constipation, bloating, and weight gain-despite RX laxatives and steady exercise. The pain hits me suddenly and fiercely at any time of day or night. There are no warnings, no predictors, no triggers.

Usually the pian lasts from anywhere to 1-4 hours, and that is AFTER taking the pain meds. Often, about halfway through the "attack", I will vomit. However, nothing comes out except bile. Even if I have eaten recently.

At times the pain is so bad it makes it difficult for me to breathe or move. I have almost had wrecks when attacks hit while I'm driving. It feels like someone is stabbing me repeatedly. The pain is centered almost directly under my ribcage, right in the center. It is always in the same place.

I don't know what else to do, I was sure the last tests (GI & small bowel) would show twisted intestines or something-but NOTHING.

I am very discouraged and cannot live like this. I meet with my doctor again next week to decide which tests to do next, but I think he is just as baffled as I am.

Can someone PLEASE help?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement