Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Why do I get SO mad, SO easily??

Posted In: Mental conditions 33 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 1, 2006
  • 07:51 PM

I have been seeing both a psychiatris, AND a therapist. I "am not" manic deprssive, ADD, bipolar, etc. says my current doctor. She doubts thses as she has had me on every pill that should treat such problems. She has advised me to move on to an "adult psychiatrist" (she is only a nurse practitioner), but that appointment is so far away. I find myself so angry more times than not. I cannot love like I used to. Interact like I used to. I close up, and shut everyone out. Not to mention that I have gained ALOT of weight, which angers me even more. I have been reading a little about stress, and anxiety, but none of that feels like it's me. And I'm losing my mind, not having control. Meet the NEW Jeckyl & Hyde.
Can anyone help?

Reply Flag this Discussion

33 Replies:

• Are you female? When do you get mad or angry? Do you feel disorientated or vague during these times? Become indecisive, irritable and edgy and feel supersensitive during the times of feeling mad or angry? Do you feel worse under certain situations? Are you feeling mad for several days then long time relatively calm? Do you find yourself snacking on more sweet stuff or carbohydrate during this time and find this relaxes you even if it be only for a short time? Need more details.Agapesearchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2006
    • 09:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My anger starts by simple things....wrong comment, wrong look, bad smells bringing up bad memories, etc. Eating is not different from anger to feeling okay. Not a big eater, but you wouldn't know it by looking at me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 04:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hmmm you sound exactly like my husband. His doctors too ruled out Bi-polar. He is working on his outburst by seeing a theripist, every week. He says it is helping him. Were you always very worried when you were growing up? Did you get picked on and were easily to start crying, when you were younger? Do find it extremely hard to trust others? My husband was yes to all of these. I can only recommend a theripist that you are very comfortable with, and one that atually cares about helping you. Have you had your blood tested yet for anything? Maybe that would be a good thing to do. Yes please try to see an "adult theripist" they may understand you more and be able to help you out a lot more. Good luck, and I hope you found something out soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 10:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You sound like you suffer post trauma syndrome with your mention of smells and so forth triggering memories. I got and still suffer the same and it take quite a bit to push it out of my way and not let the past control my life. You dont need meds you need councelling to help you find what has or is traumatising you and help you cope or come to terms with events in your life.I gained weight also, even when not eating much, and this compounds ones negative feelings and increases the anger.I am insulin resistant and I know it is in some way responsible for my feelings as it interfers with my body chemistry both emotionally and physically. I hardly have to eat a thing to put weight on and have to near starve myself to loose it. I used to be super thin and when I see myself in the mirror now... well I try not to look in the mirror.A GTT will confirm if you are insulin resistant. Most doctors do not recognise the serious consequences of IR, and usually associate it with obese people, diabetics. My IR is causing muscle weakness and wasting and has absolutely nothing to do with diabetes or weight. I have been going to docs since I was 12 over my horrible mood swings, uncontrolable anger that scarred the living day lights out of my mum, but it was always the same story; i was a hyperchondriact or had growing pains or both.:mad: Now 37 I am only taken seriously because despite being on testosterone for 6 years I have developed no muscle only muscle wasting like before I was on T. But even now I have to travel to another state of Australia to get checked out becasue a couple of docs here have made their judgment of me. I am IR and possibly growth hormone deficient and deficient also in insulin like growth factor -1, all three have dramatic influence on mood and behaviour. I need a insulin tolerance test to measure growth hormone and so forth. the odd blood test here and there is not sufficient.If you have any similar deficiencies and post trauma syndrome you have my full understanding. It will be a long haul and with post trauma it is a daily battle. But be reassured there are heaps like you and I out there and we must be persistant with ourselves and those who are supposed to help.All the best.searchingsam.
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 10:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had some other bloodwork done, such as thyroid, diabetes, glucose, etc. But all always come back normal.This morning, I decided to scribble down what is on my mind that makes me angry, right at that moment....and in 15 minutes, I had 3 pages FILLED in a legal size pad of paper. I have "paused" to get some work done, but my mind is still going.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 06:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • All the best with your scribbling things down. I found doing such stuff to be very thearoputic and most revealing.Did you get any insulin readings? I was told mine were normal until I saw the test results for myself and it said I was insulin resistant. Like my insulin read 18 when it should have been under 10!! If I hadnt check this for my self I would still be in the dark and thinking everything was fine though I felt far from it, and wondering why I cant loose weight unless I nearly starve myself. If you aren't a big eater and you are gaining weight the insulin needs to be looked at. Doctors concentrate too much on diabetes when IR is shown in many individauls for many different reasons.I got so down I just comfort ate and gained 22 kg in about eight months and it has taken forever to get some of it off.Agape,searchingsam
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 05:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well, I get to see my "nurse practitioner" for the last time tonight...hoepfully I can get something to ease this off a bit. I was wondering about printing this conversation of ours, and taking it with me, ONLY because you're name and such is not on it. That way, when I try to explain your suggestions, I have something to look at. I also plan on doing the same with the new doctor in January. I am so glad you're taking the time to talk to me. I appreciate it more than you know!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 05:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Print anything you feel would beneficial. I wish you all the best and let us know how you get on. If any doctors and so forth wonder why you've gone to a support message board on the net, tell them you feel it is benefiting you since you feel safe and free to say what you need since no one here is personally involved with your life as so can see you from another prospective.Agape,searchingsam :)
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 09:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Here we go again, as things start to snowball into another huge mess, that weighs too much for me. Husband's being mean and disrespectful, mother having mastectomy, I don't get to spend Christmas with my oldest daighter (15)....plus a few more minor things to top it all off.Meeting this new doctor in January cannot happen soon enough.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 19, 2006
    • 04:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Umm how about some anger management techniques. i mean instead of trying to prevent the anger and instead of looking for a solution that'd stop your anger from reoccuring, try learning new ways of calming yourself down after you get really mad. had a friend who'd get physical when mad and get mad quite often. he and his therapist worked through it that way using relaxation techniques and mental images to calm him down after each episode.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 24, 2006
    • 00:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I can talk to my new doctor about that subject....as soon as I get to meet him. Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2006
    • 03:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• the problem may be to do with too much thinking and too little action.go back to your list.identify the provoking stimuli that would be easiest to solve,to make go away.for two of the easiest,generate two solutions each.check for legality.then act.work your way up the list. anger is a secondary emotion,that is to say it is usually felt after a sense of hurt.you may have learned to avoid hurt by quickly moving on to the anger bit.it may help to slow down and examine the sequence of emotions more closely.back out of the anger by asking yourself what came before it. anger is experienced in the muscles,strange but true.it is part of preparing them to enable you to run or fight.you need to give your muscles the really exhausting exercise they were built for.think of the anger as your muscles shouting for the work they need to keep you heathy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2006
    • 07:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Huh....never heard of that. That'll be a challenge for me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2006
    • 09:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • just amatter of living more naturally,with healthy vigorous activity replacingtime spent nursing grievances.confidence in your body will overcome the fearful(fear of hurt)feelings that go in search of things to be angry with.anger is actually natural and your friend.you have just been seeing too much of him.for this reason i would advise against "anger management"approaches exceptto stop yourself breaking the law or hurting someone.is there an underlying problem?by that i mean are you trying to live in some way that is against your real nature?in any case i think you wille better off using your brain as intended,to solve your problems,and your body for profitable work and enjoyment .you can always go back to the old ways if you dont like being clever and having fun.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 27, 2006
    • 10:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hello, are you my clone?? i find that going on bush hikes helps me( i live in a bush preety much), also, music and talking to my mates help me a lot, as for medical, same as u, nothing much wrong, im not good with da medical stuff so all imma say is, maybe u need a vacation....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 00:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Get a sleep study, believe me, Sleep apneia is a problem for anyone who is over weight and anger is only one of the symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 06:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • When you go and see a doctor who is able to do a diagnosis (preferably an adult pshychiatrist) ask to be tested for "Anti-Social Personality Disorder." It is rare in women - only about 1% but it is something that can happen. I am female and I have been diagnosed with an extreme case of it. I worry more people than I wish I did. I had a period of time where I did well but I have started to regress back into it. To be honest, it makes me feel like I am a monster, and when I was doing so well that made me feel awful and terrified. It is hard to treat and often there are other symptoms along with it. I am still well enough to realize that I am starting to get bad again but it has already started to make it so that I am always angry and aggressive (which is stupid because I am also a small woman) and I am starting to get the '10 feet tall and bullet-proof' symptom. I have started to lose a lot of my past caring for others, including family and friends. In fact, it is my family and friends that get me angry the most, probably because they are closest to me and some of them have already gone through this with me. I am still in the 'on the fence' stage, so I haven't gotten violent yet, but if I can't get better, it will happen. I do have a lot of the symptoms you have described, especially the triggers of bad memories (including smell.) Maybe if you can get a diagnosis, they might be able to find some way to treat you. I still am 'human enough' to hope that treatment will get me better again and that I have hope for others as well. I have not gotten to the total 'robot stage' yet so at this point I still have some feelings. Actually, that's how I ended up here, I am looking for as much new information as possible to try to help me become more 'normal' and not so uncaring and hurtful to others and myself. Good luck, I'll keep hope and prayers for you as long as I can.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 03:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i suppose a "pshychiatrist" is a shy psychiatrist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 07:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ok i get sooo mad wen i dont get my way sumtimes(ok all tha tyme)like told my boyfriend 2 call meh wen he came home and he didnt so i got *****d really *****d i dnt kno how 2 control it please help=/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 20, 2008
    • 11:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Woww!! I thought i was the only one. I have the same symptoms. I get mad over things that shouldnt get me mad. like just hearing someone eat can send bursts of anger rageing through my body in seconds. Sometimes during my episodes i will break things causing harm to myself, cut cords to the phone , t.v, ect. I usually hurt the ones i love the most. my doctor has ruled out bi polar also. They have me taking seroquel right now which is a tranquelizer. I take it when i feel and episode begin. I had seizures when i was younger and they think that could be the reason maybe. I guess if you ever had seizures it is a possibility it could have messed with some of the wireing in your brain. when my episodes get totally outta control i usually won stop my destruction until im physically/mentally beat. my girlfriend would say i was possesed and that she coulld see the evil in my eyes. Sometimes i can mentally tell myself that i need to stop but physically and mentally couldnt.(DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SINCE)?? i can get mad several times a day which just drains my energy. There was also intermediate explosive disorder which if your like me you would probably relate to alot of things in there that they describe. It was funny though because my doctor never mentioned it. I found out because my moms going back to school in that field and she did the research herself and we took it to my doc.Oh my god, sorry for talking so much i guess i kinda started to vent a lil. Please tell me what you think or anything you think can be helpful to myself as well.
    MaDDoG 1 Replies
    • December 13, 2008
    • 08:20 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement