Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Can H.Pylori come back?

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: krispykritter777
  • December 1, 2006
  • 03:17 PM

A few years ago my husband suffered from extremely foul smelling gas and stomach cramps. After a stool test they discovered he had h.pylori. He did the prescriptions and felt much better (and smelled better as well). However, he has started feeling the same symptoms again and the smell seems worse whenever he has onions in his diet. Is it possible that he has h.pylori again?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I had H. pylori twice B$.. ever since i went on vacation over seas i had problems,,, constipation.. :eek: but i do not know about the foul stool smell.. i have just had extreme left side pain and heart burn.. it can come back from not finishing the anti-boitics.. or contaminated water.. he may want to have the blood test done..or a breath test.. Good Luck!!
    misstired 6 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 06:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • A few years ago my husband suffered from extremely foul smelling gas and stomach cramps. After a stool test they discovered he had h.pylori. He did the prescriptions and felt much better (and smelled better as well). However, he has started feeling the same symptoms again and the smell seems worse whenever he has onions in his diet. Is it possible that he has h.pylori again?can i know these quaries please .....sent me the whole thing abt the stomach cancer
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2007
    • 00:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yes, maybe he has h. pylori again. But maybe he has Fabry's. Onions contain a polysaccaride which can only be digested by a certain enzyme which is lacking in Fabry's. So digestive upset, gas and diarrhea soon after eating onions and certain other veggies can be a tipoff to Fabry's, especially if the person is having burning hands &/or feet, ringing in the ears, and certain other symptoms. Google Fabry's disease to learn more.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I"ve had h pylori at least 3 times the first time there was no knowledge of it they found ulcers and I got treated for them only then in h.s got ulcers again and they found it ....now currently im going through it again age 22. Ive never had the smell I just get the ulcers everytime. H pylori untreated is very bad and can lead to things such as stomach cancer tho its rare tho but im undergoing testing for that now. I would say have em get the test done better safe then sorry! good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement