Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

No diagnosis, back, side, hip pain!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 1, 2006
  • 02:34 AM

About a month ago, I noticed the symptoms of what I recognized as a possible UTI or kidney infection; flank pain, lower back pain, and an odor in my urine, especially in the morning. I went to the e.r. and gave urine and was diagnosed with a UTI, prescribed Cipro, sent home. That night, the pain increased and spread, it seemed, to my upper back and my ribs. The pain rotates so much it is hard for me to indicate where it hurts most of the time. 2 days later, return to the e.r., this time giving blood, getting a pelvic. Said my ovaries appear normal, blood count is normal, still signs of infection in my urine, go home and let antibiotic take effect. No such luck, long story short; I have had an ovarian ultrasound;normal, an abdominal CT Scan;normal, Thoracic, Lumbar&Hip Xrays;normal. The pain fluctuates, sometimes intense in my lower back and gets worse at night spreading into my hips. It does seem that it decreases in the daytime when I am more active, but Arthritis was ruled out? My upper back, especially on my right side, sometimes feels like it is burning. One night, my shoulders even ached, but the pain rotates seemingly in my ribs on each side, but no muscles seem tender to the touch? My dr. says no test indicate anything apparent is wrong and even prescribed my Cymbalta, an anti-anxiety/depressent! I no I am not crazy, the pain is there, sometimes even in my chest. Can anyone relate or provide education, please!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement