Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

Swollen, inflammed and painful veins in left arm.

Posted In: Blood conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Bonzo Madrid
  • April 16, 2009
  • 09:56 PM

I have had a wierd condition. For last couple years my veins in my left arm may suddenly bulge. If i am carrying something heavy or just have my arms by my side during one of these inflations the veins will protrude more significantly, and may hurt.

One place, just above my wrist, can protrude up to half an inche. On the inside of my arm i can see small bumps along my vien, presumably where my valvs are.

I can work the blood through the veins by smothing them out with my hand but they immediatly reinflate.

Sometimes they hurt. soemtimes it jsut feels a bit wierd...

about 1 year ago, for a week, the condition was happening more often then not -- and in both arms. During that periode when the veins became inflamed it was always painfull. during an inflation, which could last hours, I could not keep my arms by my side too long (over 30 seconds) or the pain would become agonizing.

im an adolescent male. active. eat normaly...

none of the research i have done describes vein inflamation in arms -- its always in legs, necks or other specific areas.

I have had difficulty determing a pattern of when it happens, and am inclined to say its random. its does not for example occur often when i workout but may occur when i play sports.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I have had a wierd condition. For last couple years my veins in my left arm may suddenly bulge. If i am carrying something heavy or just have my arms by my side during one of these inflations the veins will protrude more significantly, and may hurt. One place, just above my wrist, can protrude up to half an inche. On the inside of my arm i can see small bumps along my vien, presumably where my valvs are. I can work the blood through the veins by smothing them out with my hand but they immediatly reinflate. Sometimes they hurt. soemtimes it jsut feels a bit wierd... about 1 year ago, for a week, the condition was happening more often then not -- and in both arms. During that periode when the veins became inflamed it was always painfull. during an inflation, which could last hours, I could not keep my arms by my side too long (over 30 seconds) or the pain would become agonizing. im an adolescent male. active. eat normaly... none of the research i have done describes vein inflamation in arms -- its always in legs, necks or other specific areas. I have had difficulty determing a pattern of when it happens, and am inclined to say its random. its does not for example occur often when i workout but may occur when i play sports.did you ever find out what this was?
    rprimeau95 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • Dear Bonzo,I have had the exact same thing happening to me. Left arm and everything. I took a photoof it with my camera today as no one would believe it. It looked like I had 3 peas in my vein in my left fore arm. It's very scary.I have a connective tissue disorder possilby Ehlers Danlos or Marfans. I'm sure it is related to that. Do research on the these and see if the glove fits. No pun intended. :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2010
    • 03:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had a wierd condition. For last couple years my veins in my left arm may suddenly bulge. If i am carrying something heavy or just have my arms by my side during one of these inflations the veins will protrude more significantly, and may hurt. One place, just above my wrist, can protrude up to half an inche. On the inside of my arm i can see small bumps along my vien, presumably where my valvs are. I can work the blood through the veins by smothing them out with my hand but they immediatly reinflate. Sometimes they hurt. soemtimes it jsut feels a bit wierd... about 1 year ago, for a week, the condition was happening more often then not -- and in both arms. During that periode when the veins became inflamed it was always painfull. during an inflation, which could last hours, I could not keep my arms by my side too long (over 30 seconds) or the pain would become agonizing. im an adolescent male. active. eat normaly... none of the research i have done describes vein inflamation in arms -- its always in legs, necks or other specific areas. I have had difficulty determing a pattern of when it happens, and am inclined to say its random. its does not for example occur often when i workout but may occur when i play sports.I am also having this condition. Whenever I dance, lift heavy objects, or do physical activity I feel like all the blood rushes to my left arm. My veins bulge and I get a painful sensation. My right arm feels normal. What could this be??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 9, 2010
    • 01:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • HiA lymph node is a small ball-shaped organ of the immune system, distributed widely throughout the body including the armpit and stomach/gut and linked by lymphatic vessels. Lymph nodes are garrisons of B, T, and other immune cells. Lymph nodes are found all through the body, and act as filters or traps for foreign particles. They are important in the proper functioning of the immune system.spine surgeons california
    carriefuller 1 Replies
    • February 15, 2011
    • 10:56 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement