Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Can constipation cause this type of agony?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Jchurch
  • November 30, 2006
  • 08:41 AM

Pain has been steadily getting worse for 7 weeks now. Been to two doctors, two ERs and had two sets of x-rays, CT scan, MRI and numerous pills. No help. Doctors are drawing a blank. This started after a bout of constipation. I went to bed, and woke up with a pain in my left hip "area" that radiated to my left groin/abdomen and to the back, but not quite to the spine. I actually hurt to touch. I am slightly swollen but you can only see that from the hind view...something I did not notice until after all my doctor's appoitnments.

I woke up after three weeks with an acute onset of worsening pain. Only to have it get even worse about a week ago. I go see a gastro on Friday, but I can bet he will say "I don't see anything".

None of the tests have shown blockage of any type. Shingles have been ruled out because there has been no breakouts. All blood work appears to be normal except for a slightly elevated lipid count, which has not changed in the last few weeks. There was trace blood in my urine on my first PCP visit, but has been normal since.
I've been running an average fever of 99. I am not able to work. I am flat on my back all day and all night. The pain is a 10/10 when I am in any type of movement. I've been going to some of the TOP hospitals in the state of NC, and they just keep passing me off and thinking I am crazy.
I do suffer from chronic pain that remains nameless. My doctor believes my leg pain comes from arachnoiditis, but I have never been officially diagnosed with that. I have been able to control that pain pretty well with Lyrica for about 2.5-3 months now. I take low dose (5mg) of methadone, Prozac and something for headaches. I am NOW taking Percocet and Valium (I don't know the reasoning behind giving me this) for the new pain in my back/side/front.

Any ideas at all about what this could be. I don't have my gallbladder, and I've had a hysterectomy. I'm only 38 and yes, I'm obese...but how can I lose weight when I can't even move? Please help me!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement