Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

Fluid running down back of my head feeling

Posted In: Brain conditions 102 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 30, 2006
  • 03:55 AM

Please help i suffer from panic attacks and this symptoms is making it worse because i cannot stop thinking i am having a strok eanurism or brain tumor or that my brain is bleeding ....

Okay a couple of night's ago i was lying in bed on my computer when suddleny it felt like somthing popped inside the back right corner of my head and then it felt like fluid/blood runnign down .... It scared me so bad .... sO NOW I get these weird pains in that spot every so often that last about 20 secound's and go away ..... Now i am feeling that fluid /blood running down feeling again and i get pressure towards the front of my head / forhead .... I have no dizziness or anything .... Guyz please tell me what it is i am so scared ....

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • We cant tell you whats happening. YOur best bet is to go to the ER or your doctor and explain. If you really are bleeding then it could be fatal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 10:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a similar problem too (I also suffer from panic attacks, mainly because my mother used to have a lot of them). Not too long ago I started to have dull headaches, and occasional popping sounds around my head. Just yesturday I started having this weird feeling that some sort of fluid is running through the back of my head on to my spine, legs, etc. It was pretty ***n creepy, and I'm still trying to do some research on what it is.I'm going to set up an appointment with a doctor to see if its anything serious or not. Hopefully it's nothing too bad, but something tells me otherwise...This is too much for an 18 year old. :X
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 02:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I suffered frequent panic attaks and anxiety for over a year and frequently experienced the symptoms you all speak of. I was at the doctor every other day worrying that I was going to have an Anyerism or stroke but my doctor done varies checks and assured me my symptoms were all stress related, now alot of my stress has subsided this symptom is no longer there so now I realise that stress can cause your body to feel so many strange sensations, but the problem is you are thinking about your own body too much. The best advice I could give is keep yourself occupied! It does help, and also remember most headaches are caused by the muscles on your neck and scalp. I still suffer a feeling of pressure inside my head along with dizziness but investigations have shown nothing. I wish everyone luck and hope you can all get your stress levels under control. I always wanted to be sent for a ct scan just for reassurance but that was just part of my stress too, wanting too many answers for things that weren't that big of a problem, If you are really anxious and worried about this symptom then def go back and see your GP, at the end of the day it is there job to listen and help.. GoodluckThanksPlease help i suffer from panic attacks and this symptoms is making it worse because i cannot stop thinking i am having a strok eanurism or brain tumor or that my brain is bleeding ....Okay a couple of night's ago i was lying in bed on my computer when suddleny it felt like somthing popped inside the back right corner of my head and then it felt like fluid/blood runnign down .... It scared me so bad .... sO NOW I get these weird pains in that spot every so often that last about 20 secound's and go away ..... Now i am feeling that fluid /blood running down feeling again and i get pressure towards the front of my head / forhead .... I have no dizziness or anything .... Guyz please tell me what it is i am so scared ....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 14, 2006
    • 02:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm having exactly the same feeling and it's scaring me. popping in the back of my head and the feeling of fluid running down the back of my head and neck, tension around eyes. I don't have any dizzyness or blurd vision though luckily. seeing my GP next week so hopefully he'll sort me out.I've been under a lot of stress lately so this is probably the way my body is dealing with it! Although the worry is making me more damned stressed!cheers. hope all is well for you all.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2006
    • 10:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get no headaches at all but still the fluid running down the side of my head is freaky. Although I don’t suffer any other harsher symptoms it is so realistic I find myself wiping my head for water or sweat, anything. Often times I’ll feel it drip the way I turn my head, it could be stress or it could be some laced stuff I had. I get a few headaches, nothing serious and it started after six pulses from my head, this happened at my temple. Immediately after a trickle of fliud ran down past my ear to my check, often I’ll feel long trickles by my temple or past my forehead when I tilt my head. A tingly feeling occupies the top of my head and the sides of my temple, the feeling comes and goes and trickling has lessened to just tingling but I fear it’s because my brain is filling up. It’s been five days since the first occurance, Am I going crazy?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 10, 2007
    • 03:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have suffered the same symptoms as I read everyone comment. However, I never know when it may (Pop). I might turn my head and it pops in the back of my head and hurts like ***l. During this time I cannot move my head until the symptom goes away. When the symptom happens it feels as though someone has poured a glass of hot water down the back of my head and it is flowing down the back of my neck. Please provide any info. that anyone has been provided with the true medical diagnosis of this. I explained this onetime and they said it was probably a pinch nerve. I have never heard anyone describe this of a pinch nerve. Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 04:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have found that breathing in heavily with my nose causes it to pop in the back of my head also.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 09:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • this is likely to be due to tiny movements in the little muscles at the base of each hair.the flexing of these muscles stimulates tactile nerves in the area,and there is your sensation!it is a mechanism from our animal past,when we had to make our hair stand on end in order to look bigger.you have probably seen cats and dogs doing it,when they experience threat.it is a classic anxiety sign.unlearn the anxiety,perhaps by controlling your thoughts.let me know how you get on.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 15, 2007
    • 11:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Been to the doctor and he can't find anything wrong with me, he says it's just stress. I'm relieved it's nothing more serious. So I guess I'll just have to relax!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 15, 2007
    • 08:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • good news,eh.while i agree that distrusting the doctor is sometimes justified,it is usually an anxiety sign in itself.i am pleased that you have decided to trust him,and you have the security of knowing that you can go back if anything else odd takes place.thanks for getting back to us.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 15, 2007
    • 09:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What all of you are experiencing is sinus drainage. There is fluid that builds up in our sinus cavities which are located all over your head, it causes pressure and the sensation is sort of like your ears popping, it's the sinus fluid draining from your ears or other cavities and it all runs thru your head. It's a very common occurence. I can cause headaches, neck pain, nausea and dizziness. I wouldn't freak out too bad about this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2007
    • 08:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I remember when I was younger and would turn my head a certain way it would have this random feeling of popping and then there would be this feeling like, heat. This would happen from time to time, right where my neck and head seem to connect. I am 19 now, haven't had this feeling in years, but I'm still fine.. Just thought I'd add my comment
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 07:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Maybe 5 days ago I felt these exact same symptoms. A twitching in my temple, followed my a trickling sensation inside my head going from my temple to my ear, it felt, like another post said, like sweat, or water dripping. Of course I immediately panicked (convinced I have internal bleeding, or a stroke) called my mum hysterical, went to the doctor, and was told it was nerves in my scalp caused perhaps by stress and that I was to massage my neck with a tennis ball to alleviate it. However, I am not fully convinced though coming across this website and finding comments with the exact same condition was reassuring. I am just wondering from people who have been in this situation whether it is worth being paranoid/extra precautious and getting a cat-scan done, if anything just to help me sleep better at night?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2007
    • 08:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • go to a yoga teacher
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 08:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm not sure about the sinus drainage explanation. When I was having similar symptoms last fall, I would feel the inside the head trickling/draining sensation, very often in conjunction with jabs of pain, tingling and especially itching of the top and back of the scalp. Occasionally there was strong a sunburn feeling on the back of my head and neck. After many tests including a brain MRI, nothing was found and it was diagnosed as a cranial nerve irritation (medical term is occipital neuralgia). After about six weeks it went away. I still find it hard to believe all of that was caused by inflamed nerves, but apparently so.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 07:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi i don't have anything else to add..except to say that i too experianced this...its stress/anxiety--sever anxiety !!Your not dyeing ....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 03:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • the location of the symptom tells you what it is.it is the "lions mane "area.it is your hairs trying to stand on end.they cant of course,the atrophied muscles are far too weak.but we are left with the left over sensation.as i have said it is from our distant animal past.the doctor will not have based his opinion on the one observation. he will have examined you unobtrusively,without ceremony or fuss. and he will have observed other stress features denied to us.at one point you were prepared to accept his opinion,as we should.do not allow yourself to be made uneasy by the variety of uninformed opinion here expressed.the doctor has told you what it is.you dudnt want to accept that ,and that in itself suggests anxiety.i tried to tell you the evolutionary background to part of his observation,:i find it fascinating that we carry these antique vestiges with us,and i thought you would like to know some of the science.unfortunately when this old stuff kicks in,it can take a while to abate,,even when the stress is over.but it doesnt hurt!and life is not threatened!so what!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 10:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • and i really dont think there are any sinuses in this area.how would they drain?where to?there is no need for sinuses moreover.the back of the skull is a simple case ,in engineering terms.so no odd spaces to be occupied by air chambers.just bone and brain,thats all.no, its an animal panic reaction,beautiful really,properly regarded,like finding a fossil.a lovely clue to the reality of our past.just some tiny flexings in your hair roots.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 10:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi everyone,Just wanted to pass along some reassurance.I went to the doctor about two weeks ago for a weird feeling in the back of my head. It was pressure mixed with a tingly feeling. Also, I was light-headed and I kept feeling like I was going to pass out. Along with that, I was getting waves of disorientation. I also suffer from anxiety so I went to the ER right away. It turns out that I had a sinus infection, and fluid was building up in my head. I told the doctor that I thought it was kind of weird, seeing as I didn't feel congested or sick otherwise, and the doctor said that you don't have to feel congested in your nose to actually have build-up, and your sinuses don't have to be sensitive, either. I took the doctor's word for it and took the antibiotics and decongestants she prescribed and now I feel 90 percent better. Still some waves of dizzyness (but not nearly as bad), but during my follow-up appointment, I was told that it may take a month or so for all those feelings to completely go away.The body is a mysterious thing!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 02:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi everyone,I have severe allergies/sinus issues and just wanted to also reassure everyone that I too felt all these symptoms....the "fluid" problem...tingling on the side/back of head....dizzyness...disoriented...etc. I was convinced I had a brain tumor or something serious. After TONS of tests and TONS of money the big diagnosis was cronic sinunitis/allergies. Just today I felt like a was falling over in my chair because I was so dizzy.....and then an hour later I got the typical sinus headache/pressure. So don't panic...you're OK. Ps-the next time you feel like this try just an over the counter drug like Advil cold and sinus and this should relieve your symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2007
    • 02:48 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement