Discussions By Condition: Arm Conditions

Red Itchy Lumps On Arms/Neck/Chest/ And Itchy Legs

Posted In: Arm Conditions 22 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 29, 2006
  • 08:14 PM

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can help as I'm unable to get a proper diagnosis yet. I have red lumps on my arm and neck that are extremely itchy. Once you scratch once, you can't stop sort of thing. They're not measles or anything of that sort. I'm wondering if it is dermatitus so I was wondering if anybody could confirm it for me without me having to visit the doctors please????

Reply Flag this Discussion

22 Replies:

• I have This sort of problem too and i also need help! I cant even see any lumps or dots on my legs and they just keep itching! Its really wierd i scratch one spot then i scratch another then another and the only thing that seems to scratch it at the intensity that it needs is this leg scrubber i have...I put antibacterial soap on my legs and i think it may of worked for a day or so...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2006
    • 08:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • How long has these red bumps been going on? About how old are you? And have you ever had chicken pox? I had a friend that had this same thing happen to her. She was only 17, and it turned out to chicken pox. I am told that it does get worse with age. You can get them at any age too, if you haven't gotten them bad enough when you were a child. So if you for sure do not have them, let me know what you find out. I have gotten some red marks on my legs, but only after I itched them. Also, doesn't diebetes cause itchy extremeties? Hope it is not that. Good luck with finding out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2006
    • 09:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have red, circle-like marks on my arms and legs and had one biopsied. They said it was probably exzema or psoriasis. They're very itchy. I use coritsone cream, over the counter which helps. Hope your marks go away.Susie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 03:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, ive been reading these things and i've noticed that no one seems to have exactly what i had. i had a circle of red itchiness on my left leg, on the side of my knee. it was itchy, red, and dry for many weeks after i went swimming in the school pool. then i put tons of globs of lotion on it everyday and now its just a white circle spot on my leg.what happened????
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing on my arms, legs, chest, and neck. They just started on my leg, then they started to speard all over REALLY fast. In 3 days I have them all over. I've tried a bunch of creams and everything and nothing has been working.
  • Hi, ive been reading these things and i've noticed that no one seems to have exactly what i had. i had a circle of red itchiness on my left leg, on the side of my knee. it was itchy, red, and dry for many weeks after i went swimming in the school pool. then i put tons of globs of lotion on it everyday and now its just a white circle spot on my leg.what happened????I'm no expert by any means but I've gotten the same thing before and I pretty sure its just dry skin. It happens to me from the chemicals in pools, it just drys out my skin so much that I get red, itchy spots. Lotion helps me also, I figure it just gets rid of the dryness.Of course just to be sure, you might want to talk to a more educated source, this is just what I assume. Best of luck.
  • Given time anything goes away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2008
    • 05:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have white little circles with little bumps all on the white circle and they are on my arms i dont know wat it is..or wat i can do to make them go away... if you know what they are plz let me know..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2009
    • 05:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm no expert by any means but I've gotten the same thing before and I pretty sure its just dry skin. It happens to me from the chemicals in pools, it just drys out my skin so much that I get red, itchy spots. Lotion helps me also, I figure it just gets rid of the dryness.Of course just to be sure, you might want to talk to a more educated source, this is just what I assume. Best of luck.that can also be ring worm.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2009
    • 03:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can help as I'm unable to get a proper diagnosis yet. I have red lumps on my arm and neck that are extremely itchy. Once you scratch once, you can't stop sort of thing. They're not measles or anything of that sort. I'm wondering if it is dermatitus so I was wondering if anybody could confirm it for me without me having to visit the doctors please????Hi ... this is going to sound crazy ... " You have Chlamydia " the most common of STI's ... Go to the docs, he'll give u some pills ... and within 2 weeks you will be fine. Trust me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2009
    • 02:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, ive been reading these things and i've noticed that no one seems to have exactly what i had. i had a circle of red itchiness on my left leg, on the side of my knee. it was itchy, red, and dry for many weeks after i went swimming in the school pool. then i put tons of globs of lotion on it everyday and now its just a white circle spot on my leg.what happened????hi i know it was ages ago you wrote this but your problem is a lot like mine, every time i go swimming i seem to get a big red bump with a white bit, but its on my arm not leg. the reason why im asking you is because i wont to know if you done anything about it e.g. went doctors or something because im not sure what to do about it or what it is...please write back soon im really worried about it thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2010
    • 02:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Um hello im 13 years old i now in the 8th grade it was my 1st day at skool n my arms started to itch really bad wen i got home it got bigger n idk y. i tried benadrle but it isnt working. if any 1 knows y its likes this plz tell me :)thanx Lauren
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 05:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am getting the same problem, you get an itch then you itch it and lumps appear, both me and my dad have it so its not age, we might think its either washing powder. My mum has changed the powder but still nothing changing, we might have to wait because of the things that haven't been washed again so maybe this is why... it is really annoying me, when you itch it looks like scars or whip marks, which look unpleasant to the eye and don't really affect you much but are itchy. I decided to see if anyone else had any other clue, my dad asked at the doctors the other week and he said it will be just an allergy, which didn't really help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2010
    • 02:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Given time anything goes away.***b head!!!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 3, 2010
    • 02:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have This sort of problem too and i also need help! I cant even see any lumps or dots on my legs and they just keep itching! Its really wierd i scratch one spot then i scratch another then another and the only thing that seems to scratch it at the intensity that it needs is this leg scrubber i have...I put antibacterial soap on my legs and i think it may of worked for a day or so... dude! i have these weird lumps on my back neck and legs and they just randomly came up i just went on with my day normaly and i woke up the nxt mornign and they were there. and they are still coming like i just saw a new one pop up! its soo weird. and they itch!! oh my god do they itch! they itch like CRAZY!!!!!! but im not gonna itch them....they look like weird lumps. and bumps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 2, 2010
    • 00:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like you had ringworm. Antifungal spray (like people use for athlete's feet) will get rid of it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2010
    • 06:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had an EXTREMELY red and ITCHY rash of sorts tiny little red bumps all over arms first then spread to upper arms and armpit area and breasts and chest saw dr got prednisone and it started to clear up, a week later it started comin back not as red but still itchy enough to make me feel like I would have a panic attack now its on both inner; elbows, knees, arms, thighs, on breast a little on stomach a little and on forearm as well..... even my scalp has been itching I have tried hydrocorozone 2.5%, prednisone, benadryl, calomine lotion, sarna lotion, oatmeal baths, and anther antihistimine. I am at a loss its been a week straigh and nothing is helping cant sleep and goin to lose my mind if I dont stop itching....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2011
    • 05:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • firstly its good to see that she has someone who cares for her.... have you tried talking to her about it? in a non threatening environment. she might know their is something wrong as well and not know where to start. if she isnt aware of it, she may still realise there is a problem once you talk to her.the first step would be to talk to your gpgood luck
    Ornarmamaxdog 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing on my arms, legs, chest, and neck. They just started on my leg, then they started to speard all over REALLY fast. In 3 days I have them all over. I've tried a bunch of creams and everything and nothing has been working.try looking up celiac desease-sprue its a intolerance to gluten.....after 2 years of suffering i belive thats what i have im being tested on monday ask your Dr about it
  • Hi, ive been reading these things and i've noticed that no one seems to have exactly what i had. i had a circle of red itchiness on my left leg, on the side of my knee. it was itchy, red, and dry for many weeks after i went swimming in the school pool. then i put tons of globs of lotion on it everyday and now its just a white circle spot on my leg.what happened????was the red circle growing but the middle healing. this is a sign of the fungus spreading but your body healing. Hey this kinda happened to me. I went swimming in the town pool and i was getting changed in the change room and the floor was all wet and damp. I realised when i thought back that i had dropped my towel on the wet ground and continued using it to dry me. Turned out that it was a fungus infection , i was really worried, apparently this was caused by the towel picking up a fungus on the floor of the changeroom therefore me getting it cause i wiped it on my skin. except i got this near my groin inbetween my legs. It was a really red meaty rash and it was horribly itchy. however i went to the chemist and i got some resolve plus 1.0 and within about 2 weeks the rash was almost gone. . JUST DONT LET YOUR TOWEL TOUCH THE GROUND IN A PUBLIC POOL CHANGEROOM . hope this helped
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement