Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Stomach Noise

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: shirt1701
  • April 11, 2009
  • 02:18 PM

I have this strange noise in my stomach under my left rib cage. It happens when I take a deep breath and it almost sounds like my stomach is growling. I have been to my doctor and he didn't know what it was. He did an x-ray for pneumonia but I think it's my stomach. Sometimes when I turn to fast it hurts on my left side, as well. Does anybody know what this is?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• i sometimes get this but i have no idea what it is sorry, sometimes its sounds like the noise comes from my back othertimes around my stomach area but its not from hunger i can quite often get them after eating
    porcelain 36 Replies Flag this Response
  • same here... do you have a concave chest? i do, i think that may have something to do with it... also, in the past have you had extended periods of inactivity? i believe it to be an excess of air within the lungs, which would mean your taking in more oxygen than your lungs can handle....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 4, 2010
    • 04:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've also had a really loud gurgling sound when I breath and pull my belly in but the doctors where puzzled too. I have constant bloating and pressure that literally never goes away for around 8 years. It seems like the fullness keeps my lungs from filling to full capacity. Wish I could help you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have this strange noise in my stomach under my left rib cage. It happens when I take a deep breath and it almost sounds like my stomach is growling. I have been to my doctor and he didn't know what it was. He did an x-ray for pneumonia but I think it's my stomach. Sometimes when I turn to fast it hurts on my left side, as well. Does anybody know what this is?I have the same problem. I'm not entirely sure what it is...but my parents think its just the diaphragm muscle pushing some air and gas when it moves. The moving gas would then create a sound. The pain caused by turning might just be you pulling a muscle.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2010
    • 04:13 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement