Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Itching is driving me crazy!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 8, 2009
  • 11:33 PM

All right a year or two ago my back started itching randomly but did nothing about it for like half a year, when it got bad I when to the doctor he gave me some medication and I was to applied it every day for two weeks then stopped for a week then do it all over again but I stopped all together so for six months it stopped itching so didn't think much of it. Then in the beginning of the year it started again for two months it was just annoying but now thumb tacks hurt less than this and now it itches when my body temp goes up a to a certain point and now I can't do my exercise without having to stop and scratch my back I have next to no dry skin no medication is doing this and the one from before that I used stopped working all together as for stress my mother lost her job and health care in December so that's the only thing I can think of so...little help please.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• what did the doctor say it was??? a fungus? shingles? bed bugs??? allergy? you should go back and see a dermatologist. try this for your stress: www.emofree.com
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • All right a year or two ago my back started itching randomly but did nothing about it for like half a year, when it got bad I when to the doctor he gave me some medication and I was to applied it every day for two weeks then stopped for a week then do it all over again but I stopped all together so for six months it stopped itching so didn't think much of it. Then in the beginning of the year it started again for two months it was just annoying but now thumb tacks hurt less than this and now it itches when my body temp goes up a to a certain point and now I can't do my exercise without having to stop and scratch my back I have next to no dry skin no medication is doing this and the one from before that I used stopped working all together as for stress my mother lost her job and health care in December so that's the only thing I can think of so...little help please.I have the same thing only mine is concentrated to my arms and top of shoulders. At times they both itch and other times only part of one arm itches. The itching is so intense that I have used a dinner fork to scratch it. I have tried and been tested for everything. Every time I think I know what it is and isolate that thing be it food or lotion etc. It flares up again. My Dr says it's nerves, even though I don't feel nervous. Mine hit me 98% of the time when I finally relax at home in the evening. It also wakes me different time during the night, 1:30AM , 2:30AM etc. I can't go back to sleep until I get it under control. Thus I have had to change my work schedule late hours. Thank God I have a job that allows that. My body to radiates heat naturally without having a temp. My Dr told me the reason it hiot me when I relax is i am not busy with other things on my mind and now time to think of me and things going on with me. Mine is the thought of facing another back surgery or live with pain the rest of my life. I take 1/2 of a Xxanax every four hours now to keep the itching under control. topical meds help very little. If I go to many hours and forget to take my 1/2 a pill Aveno concentrated itching lotion, Bactine spray help a little and ice packs used for back pain and sprains until the meds start to work. I hope this helps. I sure feel for you. Good luck
    Plumbcrazy110250 2 Replies
    • October 20, 2009
    • 04:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing only mine is concentrated to my arms and top of shoulders. At times they both itch and other times only part of one arm itches. The itching is so intense that I have used a dinner fork to scratch it. I have tried and been tested for everything. Every time I think I know what it is and isolate that thing be it food or lotion etc. It flares up again. My Dr says it's nerves, even though I don't feel nervous. Mine hit me 98% of the time when I finally relax at home in the evening. It also wakes me different time during the night, 1:30AM , 2:30AM etc. I can't go back to sleep until I get it under control. Thus I have had to change my work schedule late hours. Thank God I have a job that allows that. My body to radiates heat naturally without having a temp. My Dr told me the reason it hiot me when I relax is i am not busy with other things on my mind and now time to think of me and things going on with me. Mine is the thought of facing another back surgery or live with pain the rest of my life. I take 1/2 of a Xxanax every four hours now to keep the itching under control. topical meds help very little. If I go to many hours and forget to take my 1/2 a pill Aveno concentrated itching lotion, Bactine spray help a little and ice packs used for back pain and sprains until the meds start to work. I hope this helps. I sure feel for you. Good luck I fogot to add I have had this for years and it may go a year without any flare ups so I do think it is nerves. Benadryl makes me to sleepy bu it works. You could try halfing a 25mg and take it on a regular basic and see if it helps keep it in check..
    Plumbcrazy110250 2 Replies
    • October 20, 2009
    • 04:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I fogot to add I have had this for years and it may go a year without any flare ups so I do think it is nerves. Benadryl makes me to sleepy bu it works. You could try halfing a 25mg and take it on a regular basic and see if it helps keep it in check..Could be you have a bad allergy to something that's causing a hyposensitive reaction i.e. itching. Try taking some antihistamine tablets and see if they work, non drowsy the best.
    maggiemay 68 Replies
    • October 29, 2009
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Could be you have a bad allergy to something that's causing a hyposensitive reaction i.e. itching. Try taking some antihistamine tablets and see if they work, non drowsy the best. iI have itching problem.I get itching in the morning hours on my face only. It is just mild and for about 15 minutes. I am hypothyrodic and 100 mg of thyroxin since last 25 yrs.Other problem is I get stiff feet.Sensation ot tightness as if i have put on socks or shoes.No diagnosis is formulatied till date. I do yoga and some alternative therapy like massage tai-chi or acupressure.Any suggestion?
    Dalsukh 1 Replies
    • October 30, 2009
    • 10:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • iI have itching problem.I get itching in the morning hours on my face only. It is just mild and for about 15 minutes. I am hypothyrodic and 100 mg of thyroxin since last 25 yrs.Other problem is I get stiff feet.Sensation ot tightness as if i have put on socks or shoes.No diagnosis is formulatied till date. I do yoga and some alternative therapy like massage tai-chi or acupressure.Any suggestion?Since your itching is located to one area it may be nerves. I would ask my Dr if nothing topical for itching has worked to try you on a medication for nerves. I take a 1/2 a Xanax and most the time it helps. Is the itching real intense? Mine is. I have even used a dinner fork to scratch with. I is an awful thing to live with. I've had it now for 7 weeks, the longest ever. I really feel for anyone that has this. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2009
    • 07:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You might wanna try Presley's Itch Remedy. It's water based, it works for all types of other people and there's no hydrocortisone or antihistimines to 'cause other problems. I found it on ebay and it works. Good Luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2009
    • 01:35 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement