Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Hair growing on eyelids

Posted In: Skin conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: maddymoo
  • November 26, 2006
  • 06:09 PM

I have suddenly developed hair growth on my eyelids above my eyelashes. Any answers? I thought that the eyelids were one of the few places on the body that doesn't grow hair. Any answers will be welcome

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• i do too. I can't find out anything about it! It;s so weird and just started about two months ago
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 27, 2007
    • 01:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have suddenly developed hair growth on my eyelids above my eyelashes. Any answers? I thought that the eyelids were one of the few places on the body that doesn't grow hair. Any answers will be welcomeHey there. I have had the same problem for three years. I was wondering why I was growing little hairs on places on my eyelids that were too far away from my eyebrows to be eyebrow hairs. I have a question for you: have you at all tweezed, waxed, or made any attempt during the last 10 years to shape your eyebrows?? I began tweezing mine years ago because mine were way too bushy. After a while, I noticed that the hair kind didn't grow back in the places that were used to being waxed - or sometimes, unfortunately, to save time and money, I actually shaved them on occasion. That was a big mistake. Anyhow the reason why I started growing hairs in unusual places on my eyes/and eventually face, was because the hairs that were removed became ingrown, but it took 5 years to realize this because I had no symptoms of ingrown hairs until the coiled follicles had grown in a pattern large enough to poke back through the skin. I have wavy hair, so I am extremely predisposed to having ingrown hairs that coil. After three years of exfoliating and waiting patiently for the growth cycle to repeat (because I did not want to have electrolysis) I was able to trace the ingrown pattern growth of my eyebrow hairs and most likely any other facial hair into 3 dimensional double figure eights that had essentially grew under my skin and twisted the skin around it unnoticably. When the skin uncoiled as I kept exfoliating the hairs, during these years, I noticed that on certain points on my face and or eyes, I had maybe one or two little freckle/moles, that I thought were just those. However, now that the ingrown hair has past and skin has unravelled so have the freckle/moles. One was even on my lip, the other on my cheek near the corner of my eye. The last things that came out of those as I kept unravelling them slowly over the years through exfoliation and depilatory cremes were black single hairs. When this happend, ALL the skin on my eyelids begain to get flaky and porous and millions of dead hairs )black) came out with each wipe of a tissue. I even kept it in a jar so that people wouldn't think I was crazy - it really was all these ingrown hairs being released. Well, that 's my story! Hope it helped.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think this is happening to me too, and I am freaked out. A few weeks ago, I was plucking a course hair from what appeared to be a small mole/freckle on my chin. I had to apply a lot of force to remove it, and suddenly the surface of the freckle and a clump of very fine hair / sebumy stuff came out... and then so, so, so much blood. As the area healed, I started to notice additional hairs coming in that exact same area, and they had NO END. As I tugged, I managed to trace some growth lines, but its a craaazy pattern, all looped and such. I will be seeing a dermatologist as soon as finals are over, but I feel like such a freak... is the original poster or anyone else out there who has this problem, and are there underlying causes??? I understand how my hair could get suck under the skin (its very fine, wavy, and I sometimes pick my acne causing rougher skin texture)... but doesn't seem normal to have such long growth!! If anyone else is out there, i'll keep checking this message board, or you can email me at: jess wentz gmail After a while, I noticed that the hair kind didn't grow back in the places that were used to being waxed - or sometimes, unfortunately, to save time and money, I actually shaved them on occasion. That was a big mistake. Anyhow the reason why I started growing hairs in unusual places on my eyes/and eventually face, was because the hairs that were removed became ingrown, but it took 5 years to realize this because I had no symptoms of ingrown hairs until the coiled follicles had grown in a pattern large enough to poke back through the skin. I have wavy hair, so I am extremely predisposed to having ingrown hairs that coil. After three years of exfoliating and waiting patiently for the growth cycle to repeat (because I did not want to have electrolysis) I was able to trace the ingrown pattern growth of my eyebrow hairs and most likely any other facial hair into 3 dimensional double figure eights that had essentially grew under my skin and twisted the skin around it unnoticably. When the skin uncoiled as I kept exfoliating the hairs, during these years, I noticed that on certain points on my face and or eyes, I had maybe one or two little freckle/moles, that I thought were just those...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think this is happening to me too, and I am freaked out. A few weeks ago, I was plucking a course hair from what appeared to be a small mole/freckle on my chin. I had to apply a lot of force to remove it, and suddenly the surface of the freckle and a clump of very fine hair / sebumy stuff came out... and then so, so, so much blood. As the area healed, I started to notice additional hairs coming in that exact same area, and they had NO END. As I tugged, I managed to trace some growth lines, but its a craaazy pattern, all looped and such. I will be seeing a dermatologist as soon as finals are over, but I feel like such a freak... is the original poster or anyone else out there who has this problem, and are there underlying causes??? I understand how my hair could get suck under the skin (its very fine, wavy, and I sometimes pick my acne causing rougher skin texture)... but doesn't seem normal to have such long growth!! If anyone else is out there, i'll keep checking this message board, or you can email me at: jess wentz gmailHi friends,,,,I think your are right ,,,,Then i agree with your comments.....thanks with regards....sannu
    sannu123 4 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement