Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Joint Pain and Rash

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 7, 2009
  • 09:08 PM

I thought that my muscle pains and joint pains were due to my age - I'm in my mid 30's, and I thought it was natural to get stiffness and aches and pains, but then I noticed that my friends, some of them older than me, don't need to be helped out of chairs, don't cry out in pain when they try to stand upright after sitting down and don't need to work themselves up to movement after any period of sitting down and it made me think it's not normal how much aches and pains I have.

It's been like this for about 2 years, but the last few months have been particularly bad and I can't even get out of a chair now without someone to hold my arms and lift me up. About a month ago I got this really strange rash on my thighs. It's like a load of red circles, slightly itchy, and the same time the rash appeared my aching joints seemed so much worse so that now I can't even pick things up off the floor or pick my toddler up.

My hips, knees, upper back, neck and wrists and fingers are the most painful. My elbows are fine, they're the only joints that I can move freely and I don't feel any pain from them.

I can't make a cup of tea anymore as my thumb and finger won't bear the weight of the cup. I am feeling worried about this and would appreciate any advice.
thanks
M
x

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement