Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Numbness in left arm, chest pain on left side...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 17 Replies
  • Posted By: Georgies
  • April 7, 2009
  • 01:03 AM

Hi everyone,

first off id like to say thank you for creating a forum where ppl can seek help.

My name is George, I'm a 26 year old male. I work in a Textile plant with my family. I go to the gym probably 4-5 times a week, weights and cardio. I'm quite healthy and active guy. I drink beer on the weekends, i used to smoke marijuana. Ive stopped its been around a month.I do not smoke cigarettes or take any other drugs or medication. I lost my left eye about 4 years ago in a work accident, but i got over that.

About a month ago, i started to take creatin(i have in the past). Anyways, i started to get a pain on the left side of my chest and numbness in my left arm and hand. Not super numb as if u fell asleep on it, but tingling. The pain in my chest is in the area to the left,down of my nipple. its been their everyday since it started. I got dizzy just a couple of times..for a few seconds...

Ive also had trouble breathing, but this has happened be4 my chest pains started..i think my room is too dusty.. it happens to me allot the day after i clean/vacuum my room..maybe some slight asthma?

Anyways, i went to the ER 3 times, they did and EKG scan.. nothing. they said I'm fine..

OH BTW when i was around 10 i was diagnosed with wolf Parkinson's white syndrome.. but the docs said it has nothing to do with my pains..

I did a blood test for STDs 10 days ago, I'm getting the results tomorrow.. I'm paranoid, so I'm trying to eliminate all possibilities..

About a year ago i had intercourse with a women and the glove broke, so i wanna get that out of the picture..

What are my other options? maybe i pinched a nerve lifting weights? maybe i have GERD ( i eat allot of meat and food in general)

Anyways, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Reply Flag this Discussion

17 Replies:

• OH since the pain started i stopped eating spicy food. I usually put spice on everything, but Ive been doing that since childhood...dont know if that will help or not,,my dad suggested that maybe i have an ulcer.. thanks George.
    Georgies 8 Replies Flag this Response
  • The creatine you are taking can cause your pain, especially if you were muscular before you began taking it. What brand, what form (pill or powder) and how much are you taking? Some people have bad reactions to creatine supplementation.....try stopping that and see what happens. Best wishes, I know it's not fun to be in pain without a known cause.
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • its called NO SHOTGUN...ive already stopped taking it. i took creatin 4 times in my life time...once when i was 17, 19, 21 and now. all times was for approximately 1 1/2 months, except for the last. was only for 3 weeks. i took it always as prescribed on the bottle. some had the option of double scoops for ''extreme work out' i never did it tho. never had this pain be4 in my life... i know once i got a stinger in football..my whole left are went very numb...i was 19 at the time. it never happened again. i will post the results tomorrow for the stds..im also going for another blood test for a bunch of other things like for biochemistry,endocrinology and blood(don't know what u call it hematology?) should i go see a kyro? maybe i pinched a nerve doing shoulders or squats..at some point about 6 months ago i did some VERY heavy squating... sometimes the pain is on my nipple(not the nipple itself, but that area) i cant tell if its a muscle pain or my heart...? any pointers?anyways, more feedback will help
  • btw they were all in powder form
  • There is a condition called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I feel like I'm suggesting it as a cause too frequently (someone else earlier tonight with similar symptoms), but you might check it out. If it's muscular, I would suspect the pectoral muscles particularly pec minor. Your subscapular muscle can also radiate pain to your nipple as well as restrict ROM. It's really hard to tell you over the computer how to check for this stuff....I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist, I work with muscles all the time. Do you have full range of motion in your shoulder? Does it hurt to extend it or adduct?I don't think this is the right area for Chiropractic work.....a physical therapist or well-qualified LMT should be able to ****s and help. I say well-qualified because not all MT training is the same. This does not sound like any STD I'm aware of, but checking that is always good. I do think that if you injured this area at any other point in your life (the football stinger), you are more likely to re-injure. The deltoid muscle (anterior) can also refer pain to the nipple, as well as your traps. If you could assess ROM or tell me if it hurts when you actively engage a particular muscle group (like pecs) it would help. However, your symptoms suggest to me entrapment of the brachial plexus at the costoclavicular joint. Funny, I just told the same thing to another poster on here. It's really common, but without seeing you and doing some assesments, it's still just a guess albeit an informed one.
  • The powder form of creatine absorbs better and is more available to your muscles, as I'm sure you know.....I still think taking that could have put all of this into motion, even if it's not the problem now that you have stopped. Really, many of the muscular supplements are just a way to take your money and cause more harm than good. Be careful.
  • i just read that NO Shotgun has caused tingling in many users... and one testimony said that it caused her bf a near death experience I have full range of motion...it does not hurt when i do any activities or mouvments.. its completely random pain.. my nipple does not hurt on the surface...under, in my chest(just using the nipple to describe the area.)
  • i just read that some users of no shotgun have experienced tingling in all over their bodys. one review said thatr her boyfriend took it and had anear death experience... also, i have no pain when i do any mouvments and i can move my arm perfectly.
  • what about my spleen...seems like the pain is comming from that area
  • Your symptoms don't fit with any disorder of the spleen I'm aware of.....the pain you would feel would be more of an achy, throbbing type of pain. Nausea? Vomiting blood? Burning in the stomach? Swelling? Does it hurt more when you turn to the left? Bitter taste? Painful urination?Isn't the pain higher, around your nipple area? Your spleen can be found between the ninth and tenth ribs anteriorly. I sure it's possible it could be your spleen, but I think the answer already given is much more likely. It's not rare at all and while it sounds like no big deal, it can be very painful and worrisome-- it's like carpal tunnel except in your shoulder and begins with just numbness and tingling, prone in muscle builders with previous injury. Also, it's usually overlooked by docs. That tingling/numbness you describe is nerve pain usually. If you have a doc and insurance, I'm sure it couldn't hurt to get some blood work done. But really, you are describing this problem with the pec minor to a tee.It could also be a 'pinched' nerve, but that pain is usually very acute/sharp and localized.
  • Have you had a recent infection of any kind, particularly a lung infection? It would be good to rule out costochondritis too.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• sorry if im unclear..the pain is not on my nipple..its about a 3 inch radius from my nipple..all around. and the pain is not on the surface, its inside..its like a burning/slight stabbing sensation.. the tingling mostly in my arm..id say 90% sometimes i get in in that area of my chest thanks alot for ur time.
  • I'm very happy to help. :DI truly believe this is caused by hypertrophy of your pec minor, compressing the brachial plexus. Possibly even involving other muscle groups like the scalenes or even your rotators (subscapularis in particular). I have seen and treated successfully many clients with this issue. But I'm not a doc and I can't examine you......if you are worried about it, please do not hesitate to see your doctor. You didn't mention any of those other symptoms I listed, are any of them present? The burning/tingling (even slight stabbing) is nerve-related-- this I am sure about. This can be, and usually is, felt deeper-- not on the surface.
  • i got the results..im clean in every whic way...im going to check out TOC Thanks again!
  • There is a condition called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I feel like I'm suggesting it as a cause too frequently (someone else earlier tonight with similar symptoms), but you might check it out. If it's muscular, I would suspect the pectoral muscles particularly pec minor. Your subscapular muscle can also radiate pain to your nipple as well as restrict ROM. It's really hard to tell you over the computer how to check for this stuff....I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist, I work with muscles all the time. Do you have full range of motion in your shoulder? Does it hurt to extend it or adduct?I don't think this is the right area for Chiropractic work.....a physical therapist or well-qualified LMT should be able to ****s and help. I say well-qualified because not all MT training is the same. This does not sound like any STD I'm aware of, but checking that is always good. I do think that if you injured this area at any other point in your life (the football stinger), you are more likely to re-injure. The deltoid muscle (anterior) can also refer pain to the nipple, as well as your traps. If you could assess ROM or tell me if it hurts when you actively engage a particular muscle group (like pecs) it would help. However, your symptoms suggest to me entrapment of the brachial plexus at the costoclavicular joint. Funny, I just told the same thing to another poster on here. It's really common, but without seeing you and doing some assesments, it's still just a guess albeit an informed one.I habe the same thing as he said I started getting the pains after taking muscle milk and my left arm feels tight when I shoot a basketball I'm right handed, I remember one tim emy arm felt numb for a like 3 hours before I took Ithink advil or something to releive muscle pain would you know what I have.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2009
    • 05:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The creatine you are taking can cause your pain, especially if you were muscular before you began taking it. What brand, what form (pill or powder) and how much are you taking? Some people have bad reactions to creatine supplementation.....try stopping that and see what happens. Best wishes, I know it's not fun to be in pain without a known cause.And I took Muscle milk everyday for 4 days
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2009
    • 05:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The creatine you are taking can cause your pain, especially if you were muscular before you began taking it. What brand, what form (pill or powder) and how much are you taking? Some people have bad reactions to creatine supplementation.....try stopping that and see what happens. Best wishes, I know it's not fun to be in pain without a known cause.I know this was posted awhile ago, but this is pure BS. Creatine has ZERO side effects. It naturally occurs in your body.Please stop bashing a time tested natural supplement.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2010
    • 03:30 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement