Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

38 day temple headache

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: dreambig88
  • November 25, 2006
  • 08:51 PM

I am a very healthy active happy 50 yr. old . On Oct 17, seemingly out of nowhere, I woke at 3:00 a.m with a weird, severe what I thought to be a migraine. except that any previous migraines have strarted in my neck and are almost always gone with one advil. This one was mostly in my face, bridge of nose, forehead and wicked right temple artery throbbing. No amount of advil, tylenol have worked at all.
I have had all blood tests, clean. A cat scan, clean. MRI, MRA and this week a MRV is scheduled. so far all clean. also, no fever, just tired.
I have been on prednisone for 3 days, only 1 day did I feel a little better. I suspect it isn't going to work. I'm to take it for 6 days. (6,5,4,3,2, 1 a day)
The headache makes my stomach upset. It comes in waves, though a constant enlarged vein in my right temple. when it really acts up, usually in the middle of the night, the left temple starts throbbing as well.
I'm terrified of getting hooked on drugs and am feeling at the end of my rope. this thing won't go away and hurts all the time. I feel the docs could care less now that they see all the test results are clean.
Could this be a viral thing?
any help would be appreciated, I haven't even been able to work out for 2 weeks now. The only good thing is I've lost a few pounds because I never feel like eating!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement