Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

yellow stool color?

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: shayde
  • November 23, 2006
  • 09:21 PM

A little history about me, i have a 12 years of alcohol abuse "binge drinking" and have sobered up for a while now, i am 29, I have received help for my condition, but i have some physical symptoms that freak me out, As of the past two weeks i have had frequent sometimes loose sometimes bulky yellow stools the past couple of days they have been "trying to get darker". i have had one normal bowell movement. Today they are kindof a olive yellow brown? The test i have ran so for are a full liver panel, which came out perfect, i have had a urine sample taken, perfect no bilirubin in the urine and my bilirubin blood level was normal, alkaline phosphate perfect, ALT,AST perfect, I do pass mucus in my stool it is a yellow color. I do not have any abdominal discomfort or pain. I also have had them run all hepatitus check, all is well, no yellow disoleration od the skin and eyes, i do have severe GAD "generalized anxiety disorder" and have since freak out the last couple of weeks about this' lost sleep i am hungry but am fearful to eat cause im sick of looking at this, im also a hypocaudriac, that blows things way out of proportion, I should also mention that i had a full stool parasite and culture work done, this is perfect as well. So my question is what could be wrong, i know it is possible my damaging past could be catching up with me. And any and all advice would be very appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• You should ask for a colonscopy. Yellow stool is a sign of things moving to fast. You could be experiencing the starting symptoms of IBD. IBD is not curable, but fully treatable. Get it looked into.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 27, 2006
    • 08:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • thanks for the reply PiaSava,i will look into it i have done further evaluation on my liver and everything looks fine, i asked for a biopsy and my doctor looked at me as if i were wearing a red clown suite, and told me every test i received came back with flying colors, i will look into the colonoscopy, thanks again.
    shayde 1 Replies
    • November 28, 2006
    • 02:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • yellow stool is a sign of malabsorption, it might sound crazy to test you for celiac disease (gluten intolerance) but it is way more common than you think, in fact its said that 1 in 133 people have celiac disease, mostly without any gastrointestinal symptoms, try not eating wheat for a few days, but ONLY for a few days, see if the stool color changes, you should notice a change soon if you have celiac, go back to a wheat containing diet soon if you plan to get tested because otherwise it would come back negative.
    the_one 39 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 04:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi! Did you find out what was your problem? Well... I have that symptom too (and only symptom), since more than one month, always hoping that the feces turn darker... What I have in common with you is that I suffer from GAD too.I don't know what's going wrong with me :S I'm scared...
    karaixx 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement